Shop Vac Pro 4.5 hp $34.99 at ACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
Friday through Monday at the Ace Hardware's around the Triangle they have the Shop Vac Pro Hang-up 4.5 hp, 5 gal model for $34.99 after rebates. It is $59.99 without filling out the rebate form. It comes with an 18' hose.

Amy

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
That would have been the perfect thing for my store! Instead, I bought an inexpensive reman'ed unit at BigLots this last week. :(

sawduster

New User
Robert
Thanx for the head's up :icon_thum I'm in the market and have a brand new Ace Hardware 5 miles away in Youngsville :mrgreen:
Anyone have one of these or have any info on it ?

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I have a 3.5 HP Shop Vac Hang-up. It is LOUD. (I do not turn it on without ear protection). The 18' hose is convenient but I had to buy a short piece of 1" ID clear plastic tubing (bought a 1 foot piece at Lowes for a $1+) so I could connect it to my sanders and miter saw. Since I bought a Ridgid 6 hp 14 gal floor vac, I use it almost all the time due to the much lower noise, better suction, and longer times before filter cleaning. Not too much difference in amps, so electricity costs are nil. The Hang-up works well for sanders (albeit the filter clogs quickly because it is small) but it doesn't have enough guts for the miter saw to make a lot of difference.
The 4.5 may suck a little better than the 3.5 and the price is about 1/2 what I paid for mine. The hang-up feature is convenient that it doesn't take up much space and it is off the floor. Mine is about 3 or 4 years old, so they may have done something with the noise level.

Go

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Can anybody tell me how they rate the horsepower for a shop vac? In just about every other power tool sold the horsepower is the motor rating, but I can't for the life of me figure how you can get a 4.5 HP motor to run on 120 volts and on a standard 20 amp breaker. Ideally, 1 HP = 746 watts from science class 101, and most people tell you to allow 1 KW/HP due to inefficiency. At that rate a 4.5 HP motor should pull a whopping 37.5 AMPS on a 120 volt circuit - not even allowing for motor startup of 125%. Don't mean to steal the thread here, I'd just like to see if anybody knows.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Pardon my manners, Amy. It's still a bargain to get a shop vac like that for that price. Shoot, the 18' hose alone costs at least half that. Congrockulations are in order. I just felt the manufacturers are being deceptive about their products on these things.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Pardon me too, Amy. But I agree with Dennis. Manufacturers are being a little loose with specs.

BUT, hey, a vac is supposed to pick up stuff, right? Sounds like it'll do that. In fact, I'm gonna look at one tomorrow, so thanks for the heads up! :embaresse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS