Shop Office Door done *w/pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I finished trimming out, installing glass, and staining my shop office door. In the last two pics I used some black tape to add simulated pinned tenons- tell me what you think.

The completed door:

OffDoor-6.JPG

OffDoor-7.JPG

OffDoor-8.JPG

OffDoor-9.JPG

Here are the two pics of the door with simulated pinned tenons. What do you think? Should I add this detail using real pegs?

OffDoor-10.JPG

OffDoor-11.JPG

Next up (for the shop at least) is the office window and trimming out the interior of the office.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Beautiful door! Personally I like the pinned tenon look. It's a small feature, and hard to see but to someone who looks hard enough it shows quality and a attention to detail, plus it is a very characteristic A/C, Greene & Greene, Stickley styled feature. I would add it.
Dave:)

J

jeff...

Geeze what a great looking oak door:-D. But it looks like you may have closed off your cold air return :slap:.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Geeze what a great looking oak door:-D. But it looks like you may have closed off your cold air return :slap:.

yeah, do the pins, and I hope the return is a reflection in the glass?

nope, went back and looked at pics with door open, HVAC return will be behind that door when closed.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Actually, that grill you see covers my DC filter cabinet- so air actually comes out of that grill- similar problem though, especially after I install the office window. I have plans to relocate the grill to the eaves and put a louvered door on the access to that eave.

What you don't see is the HVAC air return in the ceiling of the office :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: . Gonna relocate that one too.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I vote for the pins as well, Alan.

Wonderful work on the door and casing!!!!:eusa_danc :eusa_danc Sure looks heavy and very, very solid.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS