Shop air cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
My HVAC man gave me a 3 spd blower and I've mounted it in this box. Didn't want anyone to think I was slacking off.

0032.JPG

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Nice design, and completely portable. That makes it unique as you can place it in the area you are working in. I like it.

Glennbear

Glenn
Very cool Joe, anything we can do to cut down on the fine dust nasties is great and portability is a nice plus :icon_thum:wsmile:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dang, Joe!
Why does everyone elses' homemade filter look like a homemade filter???
And with a little finish, yours will be a piece of furniture :wtongue:

Roger

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice Joe. Three speeds, three switches? I like it! What's in the drawer, spare filters?

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
That really came out nice, Joe!! Bet you'll be picking some serious dust out of the air with that bad boy.

Got me droolin' again!:tinysmile_tongue_t::tinysmile_tongue_t:

Wayne

Last edited:

Steve W

New User
Steve
Joe, I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I've discovered that I need a new gas pack and the old one has a blower that still works great. The issue is that it's a 240VAC motor. Are you running a 240 at 120 or is yours a 120V motor?
My HVAC guy says mine should be able to move 1250 CFM. I think that would take care of the dust issue :gar-La;

:kermit: Steve

RayH

New User
Ray
Joe, I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I've discovered that I need a new gas pack and the old one has a blower that still works great. The issue is that it's a 240VAC motor. Are you running a 240 at 120 or is yours a 120V motor?
My HVAC guy says mine should be able to move 1250 CFM. I think that would take care of the dust issue :gar-La;

:kermit: Steve

With sufficient airflow, consider adding an optional perforated top (peg board with a filter) so that you also have a decent sanding table.:thumbs_up

RayH

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Thanks guys,
this one is 120V. All my wall recps are 120V GFCI. I like that!
Moved it into the shop area around noon. Hi speed is a bit much in my shop; created a dust storm. I'm thinking tomorrow I'll open all the doors, flip on HI and run! I'll leave it on LO spd to keep the humidity down and go to MED when I'm working; should work.
The drawer is holding my Worksharp disk and other sharpener stuff. I just placed the slotted box it came with in the drawer.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I built one out of an old box fan we didn't use anymore. I put the fan, motor, and switch into a wooden box sized to hold a washable furnace filter. It works well but I have to wash the filter a lot. My shop is very dusty. Need to run the filter more, I guess.

Jim

ebarr

New User
Wayne
Joe,

Looks great. I have been looking for a 120V fan for a while now. I know about 3 or 4 HVAC guys and everyone of them say, YEAH, I got one of those, non have come through yet. I will keep looking.:BangHead:

Next week they will probably all bring me one and I will be on here trying to get rid of them.:gar-Bi

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Joe,

Looks great. I have been looking for a 120V fan for a while now. I know about 3 or 4 HVAC guys and everyone of them say, YEAH, I got one of those, non have come through yet. I will keep looking.:BangHead:

Next week they will probably all bring me one and I will be on here trying to get rid of them.:gar-Bi

Take one or more to lunch and their memories will improve!
Joe

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Wayne,
If you do end up with more than one, give me a PM...I'd happily use it.
One of those mobile air cleaners has been on my l.o.t.t.d. as well.

Thanks to Joe for giving me a goal to strive for....that's some nice work, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors