Segmneted Turning Workshop at Charlie's Shop

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
There have been several members showing interest in attending a Segmented Turning workshop.
I held the last workshop in 2018 so I guess it’s time for another one.

If anyone is interested I would like to do a workshop on Saturday, Sept. 16 or 23 or 30, or any Saturday in Oct.

This would not be a hands on workshop, because that would be too time consuming. I have done several one on one sessions with several members, but a basic/small turning can take 10-12 hours. That makes for a loooong day or 2 days.

I will show the process that I use to create my turnings. This will include the basic steps from start to finish. From design, material list creation, cutting segments, to gluing up rings, to stacking rings, to turning as you go, etc., etc.
This will give you information that will then help you decide if you wish to pursue segmented turning. It is time consuming.

If anyone is interested please respond to this thread.

The workshop would last 4-5 hours. We would start about 9:00 AM and go from there. Lunch will be served.

A workshop will consist of up to 6 attendees. If more than 6 people care to attend I will hold a workshop on as many Saturdays (other days are open if required) as necessary.

Please reply to this thread what date you prefer.

If all, or 1, 2, or 3 of dates are good for you, please say so. It will make for easier planning.

If none of these dates work, please let me know.

Thank you.

JRedding

John
Corporate Member
Charlie -

I just happened log in a minute ago and saw this post at the top. I would love to join and could be available for either of the first 2 dates (Sept. 16 or 23) - unfortunately I travel for work on Sept. 30.

Thanks,
John

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would be up for a day in October (except the 21st), but September is TOO busy!

areevesnc

Aaron
Corporate Member
Hi, Charlie. I’d love to participate. I’m available on Sept 23rd and 30th. I’m waiting on scheduling for a work trip before I’ll know for sure about October, but I’ll keep an eye on this thread.

Thanks for tackling this!
Aaron

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Charlie -

I just happened log in a minute ago and saw this post at the top. I would love to join and could be available for either of the first 2 dates (Sept. 16 or 23) - unfortunately I travel for work on Sept. 30.

Thanks,
John
John, You are on the list for Sept. 23rd
Thanks

Last edited:

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Hi, Charlie. I’d love to participate. I’m available on Sept 23rd and 30th. I’m waiting on scheduling for a work trip before I’ll know for sure about October, but I’ll keep an eye on this thread.

Thanks for tackling this!
Aaron
Aaron, You are on the list for Sept. 23rd
Thanks.

Last edited:

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
If you haven't made up your mind, Charlie puts on a great workshop.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors