Scrollsaw workshop - Raleigh - Feb 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
The class is now full Thanks

The scrolls workshop that was originally scheduled for January but cancelled due to bad weather has been rescheduled for February 18 at Phil Soper's shop in Raleigh.

Berta and Scott Miller will be the instructors and they are extremely qualified

Here is the student list:
Sam Knight and his wife
Susan Presser (Kens wife)
Michael Mathew
Dirk and his wife
Daniel and his wife

Lunch will be provided - I am planning on French country beef stew with extras

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Susan and I are really looking forward to this. Thanks Berta and Phil. I'll be bringing our saw and observing - and taking advantage of the great lunch Phil always provides.

If you've not been to one of the workshops hosted by Phil you've been missing out on visiting a great workshop and Phil's lunches are an experience you should not miss.

Between Berta's instruction (with the help of Scott in this case) and Phil's hosting if you miss this you'll be sorry. We have arranged for multiple Scroll Saws so if you don't have one, please come anyway and learn to scroll. It is easy to start, and you can learn new techniques for years and improve your skills as time and experience allow.

Dgunny500

New User
Daniel
I have an old craftsman scroll saw and only used it once. I'd love to learn how to use it more. Are the workshops free?

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have an old craftsman scroll saw and only used it once. I'd love to learn how to use it more. Are the workshops free?

We ask for a donation of $30 to the site

EDIT I just read your introduction post - Thank you for your service to our country and I would be happy to cover your workshop donation. Please come.

Last edited:

Dgunny500

New User
Daniel
Thanks Phil that's quite generous of you! My wife has expressed interest in attending too and I'd be happy to pay the $30 for her.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Phil that's quite generous of you! My wife has expressed interest in attending too and I'd be happy to pay the $30 for her.

Please do bring your wife and we have her covered too. I know that the spouses of our military are also serving our country - just in a different way. The workshop will be held at my home in NE Raleigh. I will be sending address and directions via private message a few days before the class. Thanks

Dgunny500

New User
Daniel
Please do bring your wife and we have her covered too. I know that the spouses of our military are also serving our country - just in a different way. The workshop will be held at my home in NE Raleigh. I will be sending address and directions via private message a few days before the class. Thanks

Awesome! Thank you so much! We're really looking forward to it.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Do we need the other scroll saw out of the trailer?

I got two out of the trailer. Do we have a third one ??

Sam and Ken are bringing theirs and I have one plus the two from the trailer - That makes five - we could use more but five will work

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I only saw one of the saws off the trailer at Phil's shop the other day, but maybe I wasn't looking in the right place.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I only saw one of the saws off the trailer at Phil's shop the other day, but maybe I wasn't looking in the right place.

One is in the shop and the other in the garage - soon to be in the shop

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
For those attending if there is a particular technique or project you would like us to cover or help you with, please post in this thread so Berta and I can prepare.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Are there any diet restrictions I need to know about??
I am planning on boeuf bourguignon with some crusty bread and creme brûlée for dessert

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
That works for me and Susan - looking forward to the meal as well as the workshop for Susan. Phil = super host and gourmet cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors