Save me a trip? Need 8/4 Cherry in/around Sanford/ RTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Hey Folks,

I am in need of about 8bf of 8/4 Cherry, (roughly a 6"W x8'L board), to use for legs. I have plenty of 4/4, (already surfaced to 3/4"), and thought hard about laminating 3 of them to get a 1.3/4" leg, but I'm not sure I'd be happy with the resulting seams.

I've called the local lumber yards, but no-one has 8/4 in stock, (except one, but $12.61/bf is a little too steep for me). I can always make a run up to Gibsonville, but I really only get shop time on Saturdays, & a trip to the Hardwood Store would take a pretty healthy chunk, (about 3hrs. round-trip.)

If anyone local(ish) has a board in their stash they wouldn't mind selling, I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks!

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Thanks Chris!

Mark, (mkepke), was kind enough to help me out on this one though. It was just one of those situations where I needed a one board and didn't want to spend all of my Saturday morning shop time making a run.

I've been hearing good things about your setup in Iron Station - For my next wood run, I'll definitely keep you guys in mind. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS