Sand Paper Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I thought I would post this as a question and an offer for a joint venture in future orders. I deal with a supplier of Norton Abrasives in my day to day bodyshop line of work. Today I ordered some sandpaper belts for my Makita 3x18 belt sander and thought the deal was good. I am getting 220 and 400 grit belts for around $20.00 for a pack of ten belts. Coarser grits are the same price roughly. I also am purchasing some fine grit for my 4x36 Delta benchtop "model number SA446" sander for about 79.00 for ten belts of their premium grade paper, maybe not the best deal on this size but I cannot seem to locate many different grits in this size other than the coarse grits as there are not any stores near me except the Borgs. Do you think that this a good deal and if so do any of the members want to get in on future purchases? I order from this supplier regularly and the freight is normally one charge which I can divvy up between the company order and my order.

Last edited:

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
You might try looking at Holbren (http://www.holbren.com/home.php). They have a pretty good selection of Norton sandpaper (as well as Whiteside router bits, saw blades,etc.) and shipping is free for orders over $75 (and next to nothing for smaller orders). I've purchased from them many times before and have been extremely satisfied with their service. I don't see the 220 and 400 grit belts for your sander on his site but if you send an email to Brian (owner of Holbren), he might be able to get them for you.

Just out of curiousity, what are you sanding using 220 and 400 grit with a belt sander? I've never used a belt sander with that fine a grit.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Ran out of sand paper and had to buy some locally. Bought the 3X just to try it. I found it to be a really good sand paper. It seems to last forever on my 3x21 belt sander. Been meaning to find the best deal on 3X so maybe this is the reminder I needed.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
You might try looking at Holbren (http://www.holbren.com/home.php). They have a pretty good selection of Norton sandpaper (as well as Whiteside router bits, saw blades,etc.) and shipping is free for orders over $75 (and next to nothing for smaller orders). I've purchased from them many times before and have been extremely satisfied with their service. I don't see the 220 and 400 grit belts for your sander on his site but if you send an email to Brian (owner of Holbren), he might be able to get them for you.

Just out of curiousity, what are you sanding using 220 and 400 grit with a belt sander? I've never used a belt sander with that fine a grit.

I dislike sanding more than anything in woodworking. I have found that if I use a fine grit on belt sanders I can very lightly sand small pieces to a real smooth finish and have very little hand sanding. It takes a very light touch but works well.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
www.trugrit.com

have all the very fine grit belts, I'll be ordering some 2 x 72 shortly. :mrgreen:

I have ordered 1 x 20 in the past and they are great belts, they have some unusual belts that I haven't seen anywhere else.

And yes, that 2 x 72 Wilton is a gloat. Pictures to follow in a couple days when I get home with it. :eek:ccasion1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS