Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Thread and Poll closed temporarily

Ok, it is time to decide whether or not to keep the new for sale software and/or further implement for for "Wanted" DQ, and there things.

The is a lot of customization that can be done, etc. but I have held off until we decide if we are going to keep it.

I really don't know if on the whole it is better or not. Please ring in with opinions and ideas.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
sorry to say steve but it's pretty complicated. i'm sure i could figure it out but just to take a quick peak during the day it has frustrated me.

nothing personal. i love the site & appreciate all your hard work!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I'm not taking it personally, I really need the feedback. :eusa_clap
sorry to say steve but it's pretty complicated. i'm sure i could figure it out but just to take a quick peak during the day it has frustrated me.

nothing personal. i love the site & appreciate all your hard work!

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Steve,

I miss the floating menu on the left side and think this would be a better navigation tool than the list of sale items. The old method of listing sales items seemed to work well. I've both sold and bought items and had absolutely no problems. Just my .02, thanks again for all your efforts for a great site and your instinct to strive to improve.

Dan C.

J

jeff...

Steve, I have mixed feelings about it - I like that scrolling menu on the left side and the extra real estate in the center of the page. I think the sales software adds value but I'm not sure it' value warrants a floating menu replacement. Maybe you could make it a separate page with a link off the home page. New ads and replies would show up in the main list like regular forum threads do?

Thanks

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
It is better than the threads with items for sale, however I may offer these opinions:

• It's not the most user friendly thing, but some tweaks could improve it. Maybe a direct link on the homepage to post an ad would help some.
  • Not a huge fan of it on the left side of the screen. That's important real estate and makes the page that much wider (on the same topic, I'd vote to move the Feature Photos to the bottom because they are not crucial to using the site are just added glitz). As a recommendation, I would probably put it on the right side and then take all of the User Settings, Stats, & such and put it in a floating menu that hides by default on the right. This would allow the ads to rest over there AND would hide the picture of me (and the other information I don't need to see everyday). :lol:
  • It would be nice to see the Asking Price on the homepage with the ad so that we don't have to click each one to find it out.
  • Idea - when the user doesn't provide a picture, default to the NCWW logo. It's nice and would make the page look nicer than an empty box.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
How about creating a classifieds page? Could the software you are using now support that? Put a link in the top tool bar to a separate page? I like the idea of placing ads, but if I'm not looking for something I takes up valuable screen space that I use to view threads.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Dan, the pictures on the left didn't replace the floating menu. I would still be there, I just haven't haven't gotten around to it, yet.
Steve,

I miss the floating menu on the left side and think this would be a better navigation tool than the list of sale items. The old method of listing sales items seemed to work well. I've both sold and bought items and had absolutely no problems. Just my .02, thanks again for all your efforts for a great site and your instinct to strive to improve.

Dan C.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
How about creating a classifieds page? Could the software you are using now support that? Put a link in the top tool bar to a separate page? I like the idea of placing ads, but if I'm not looking for something I takes up valuable screen space that I use to view threads.
There is a classifieds page and there is a link to it. It is the "For Sale" Tab on the blue menu:lol:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
See in red
It is better than the threads with items for sale, however I may offer these opinions:
  • It's not the most user friendly thing, but some tweaks could improve it. Maybe a direct link on the homepage to post an ad would help some. That's easy
  • Not a huge fan of it on the left side of the screen. That's important real estate and makes the page that much wider (on the same topic, I'd vote to move the Feature Photos to the bottom because they are not crucial to using the site are just added glitz). As a recommendation, I would probably put it on the right side and then take all of the User Settings, Stats, & such and put it in a floating menu that hides by default on the right. This would allow the ads to rest over there AND would hide the picture of me (and the other information I don't need to see everyday). :lol: The User Settings with the DQ info is very important to be right there "blasting" members in the face. For a wide variety of reasons. But Stats and Birthdays could be placed in other places and the Recents Ads placed over there. Anyway, there are a lot of cosmetic changes that I could and would make, if we decide to keep the system in general
  • It would be nice to see the Asking Price on the homepage with the ad so that we don't have to click each one to find it out. Can be done and other info, if desired
  • Idea - when the user doesn't provide a picture, default to the NCWW logo. It's nice and would make the page look nicer than an empty box.:eusa_booh:lol:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve, I have mixed feelings about it - I like that scrolling menu on the left side and the extra real estate in the center of the page. I think the sales software adds value but I'm not sure it' value warrants a floating menu replacement. Maybe you could make it a separate page with a link off the home page. New ads and replies would show up in the main list like regular forum threads do?

Thanks
The floating menu will be back, I promise.

"New ads and replies would show up in the main list like regular forum threads do?"
Could be done, but very difficult

nelsone

New User
Ed
I don't really have an opinion as far as better or worse, just something new and different. I will make a couple suggestions though.

I also would like to have the floating menu back. I do think it is nice being able to take a quick look at what is offered too. Could you just move the for sale ads to the right of the screen under the other items? That way you aren't taking up additional space on the page, but it is still visible.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
I voted better because it is much quicker to get to the items for sale----any change takes a little getting used to. YOU DO A GREAT JOB!!!

Jerry

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Overall, I like it, but placing an ad and editing an ad is a bit clunky. I personally had to hunt around for the links to do the stuff. Overall, I think it is a plus, and I like being able to see the stuff for sale.

I like others miss the floating menu, but I do understand it will be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS