Ryobi sander???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpeterso

New User
Brian
I'm looking at getting a decent sander. I have my eye on a Ryobi belt/disc sander from home depot (http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0984279093.1151103819@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccfaddiedlmeiicgelceffdfgidgnk.0&CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc/searchResults.jsp&MID=9876&N=2984+3966&pos=n24). What are people's thoughts on this? Should I look at other stationary sanders? I have a few extra $$ and very little shop space. So I want to get some wood for some projects and a tool or two (at a low price).

Thanks,
Brian

DaveO

New User
DaveO
phpThumb.php

If this is the one that you are refering to, it looks to be similar to the Delta that I have. I find it very handy, and it is used in almost every project. But I would like a bigger disk, seeing as you can only use the radius of the disk, a 6" disk only gives you 3" of sanding area.
Dave:)

Ken Weaver

New User
Ken Weaver
Its a good machine. I had one and used it a lot until I gave it to Ken Massingale when I had a chance for a can't-turn-down deal on the Ridgid Osscilating belt/spindle setup. Now I use the Ridgid a lot.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I have this one. I like the veritcal fence feature.

pete

Attachments

• Product_50-110.jpg
    Product_50-110.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 154

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I have the same size Sears belt disc combo. It works great. I find that I use the belt a lot more than the disc.

Chuck

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
bpeterso said:
I'm looking at getting a decent sander. I have my eye on a Ryobi belt/disc sander from home depot (http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0984279093.1151103819@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccfaddiedlmeiicgelceffdfgidgnk.0&CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc/searchResults.jsp&MID=9876&N=2984+3966&pos=n24). What are people's thoughts on this? Should I look at other stationary sanders? I have a few extra $$ and very little shop space. So I want to get some wood for some projects and a tool or two (at a low price).

Thanks,
Brian
I have that one for quite a while, but am thinking of upgrading to a larger size. If you mine you can have it for free, if you pick it up.

Sully

New User
jay
Steve, I think you give away more tools than I own :lol:

To the original OP, I've used that Ryobi belt/sander for about 1 year now. I likes it. Whatever you decide, get a hook and loop attachment for the disc; it's much more convenient.

bpeterso

New User
Brian
I went out and bought this sander today! If I only had the patience to wait another day or two. Actually, after seeing where Apex is, I guess it was worth the hundred bucks. My time is valuable during the weekends, because it's my only woodworking time. Thanks for the offer though, that is pretty cool of you. You wouldn't by any chance have any other tools you would give away? ...like a planer, drum sander, jointer, band saw? :p Just kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS