Running Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
:D Hi All, I do the sawmill thing, part-time and that part of the time is at night alot of the time. So I mounted me some running lights that work great. They do make it nice when I need to measure for a special cuts. 8)

DSCF1701.jpg

DSCF1702.jpg

DSCF1708.jpg

DSCF1704.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That'll work :icon_thum:icon_thum Did you pull power off the mill, or do they get their power from a standard 120 source? Did you figure out your "hump" problem?
Now you have no excuse to stop milling :lol::lol:

Dave:)

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
Hi DaveO, Yes I got the hump out, I just had to much of the weight of the extension, on the mill and it was raising it up in the middle. The lights do run from the battery on the mill. The lights are a big help when I have to get under the carriage to measure for a close cut. That is the main reason I put lights on it. :lol:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
The lights look great Randy, but man it's gotta be cold outside these nights. I hope you've got some kinda heat.

Jimmy:)

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
:lol: Hi twodognc & All, Yes It IS COLD out there. 8-O I need one of those kerosene forced air heaters, to put at one end of the board walk. Don't want one of the big ones though, just a mid size will work. If it's too cold with that, then it's too cold to be out there.:eusa_thin Any idea's on the best one to spend money on? I don't want junk, but don't wanna spend all my "she don't know" funds on heat. :BangHead:

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Hi Randy,
Man the lights look neat.Be careful out there in the cold makes for unsafe working conditions.Thats a nice mill too.As for your heat here lately they've had a few on craigslist lately.Good luck with that and count you fingers everynite before you turn off those lights.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I envy you your mill. As for the cold, the bright side (now that you have the lights) means no bugs or snakes!!:rolf:

Go

J

jeff...

By the pictures your band mill really looks good, like brand new as a matter of fact. The more I look at yours the more I think I should power wash mine. :eek4wd:

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
Hi DavidF, I haven't replyed untill I used the lights a while. Yes they seem to be just fine with the vibration from the mill. I Don't know,.... but I don't think my mill vibrates as bad as a car going down the road,.... Ya Recon :eusa_doh:
The lights are in a steel housing thats bolts to a steel mounting bracket. All is very firmly mounted, there really is very little vibration where they are mounted.

Ya'll Take Care Now:eyeslam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS