Router repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
My 20 year old Hitachi router needs bearings replaced I think; anybody know where I might get this little chap fixed up?

T

toolferone

Bearings are usually pretty easy to replace. Bring it up to the store when you come up for the PC spray gun and I will take a look at it if you want.

DavidF

New User
David
toolferone said:
Bearings are usually pretty easy to replace. Bring it up to the store when you come up for the PC spray gun and I will take a look at it if you want.

Thanks Tom, I didn't know you were into that sort of repair. I didn't want to get into it mayself because of the drag of locating the no doubt metric bearings.

T

toolferone

DavidF said:
Thanks Tom, I didn't know you were into that sort of repair. I didn't want to get into it mayself because of the drag of locating the no doubt metric bearings.

I worked for Black & Decker in a repair shop for almost 2 years before I started working in the retail woodworking business. and I have a 1 year degree in machining, hence the "tool" in "toolferone"

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Tom is, no doubt, the better choice... but if you did have occasion to visit Speciality Tool on Atlantic (just a few doors down from Hodges)... then you are just around the corner from the Habitat for Humanity ReUse Center.

Ray

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Also right in that same area off Hodges is J&S Tools, another good little tool repair place. I was able to find new brushes for an old worm drive circ. saw there.
Dave:)

ChrisC

New User
Christopher Cain
Here's another supply tidbit, in that area.

Wilders Nuts and Bolts is right across from the Habitat Center.They have EVERY type of nut, bolt, screw, or fastner that you can think of.

DavidF

New User
David
toolferone said:
I worked for Black & Decker in a repair shop for almost 2 years before I started working in the retail woodworking business. and I have a 1 year degree in machining, hence the "tool" in "toolferone"

Wow, Tom, hidden talents! I'll be sure to bring it with me when I come down.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Don't forget ABC Tool Repair, they are directly across from Wilders. Ann and Johnny are real good at fixing things. When I need a part, I just let them order it for me when they are ordering from vendor. Saves excessive freight charges. Oh yeah, most bearings ARE METRIC. On most routers, getting the collet off armature is worst job. A quick shot with impact wrench (air or electric) will usually get it off. Bearing can be purchased from Grainger, and another company formerly know as Dixie Bearings off New Bern Ave.

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Another excellent source for bearings is Motion Industries , 2000 Garner station Blvd. 919-779-7400. I've used them many times for my Dewalt router and Porter Cable OSander bearings.
Just take the bearing with you, they will measure it and sell you a replacement. I've found their bearings a little better quality than the manufacturers, they last longer, and the price was right:eusa_danc .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS