router duplicator question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassndboat

New User
Mark
Hey guys, I have been thinking about buying a sign maker kit from rockler, but the more research I do, the more options I have. I'm really confused on what to get. From rockler I can get the interlocking lettering kit. Then I saw the Milescraft pantograph. It seems like I could do more with the Milescraft but I am not sure how hard it would be to follow the lines, for instance tracing patterns from paper like they advertise. Then today I found another option which was a router duplicator. I haven't seen it yet, but the price was $200.00. It will be next week before I can look at it. If any of you have used any of these type setups, I would love to hear how you like them. Maybe I can figure out which one I want to buy.:help::dontknow:. At first I was just going to make signs, but if another machine will do a lot more than just make signs, I think I would go with that one.

Thanks for your help,

Mark

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Don't know about the router duplicator, but I've had a pantograph for 30` years and though I haven't used it much, it's simple to setup and rout letters and shallow carving work. I bought it solely to 'carve' pineapples for cabinet appliqués. (38 of them). Just last week, I picked up a Milescraft sign pro, (Amazon made me an offer!) and having a lot of useless fun with that.
Now most of my scrap is Wordart. :rotflm:
There are a few videos on the Milescraft pantograph and sign kit on YouTube. And no doubt, some on router duplicators.

bassndboat

New User
Mark
Thanks Joe. I also found a similar thread here on NCWW. It had alot of information on it. Now I just have to make up my mind.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Here's some I made on Sat. The actual router work is only 2-3 minutes each. Paint, planning, sanding and finish take a lot longer as expected. Good luck on what you decide and let us know with pics.

0192.JPG

View image in gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS