Rikon 18" Bandsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
I just noticed this review section of the forum... shows how well I've been paying attention, doesn't it? :roll:

Anyway, figured I'd share a little "review" of sorts that I did for the Rikon band saw I picked up a couple of months ago. Here is the link to that page on my web site: band saw review

One reason for putting this up is just to share my findings on this tool, and also to encourage others to post more tool reviews that we all can enjoy and benefit from.

Also, I just wanted to open the topic for discussion - that's something I really miss when making up a page on a web site like that. I'd be most interested in hearing experiences from anyone else with this tool, or similar tools... problems/comparisons/etc. Any features I missed, or problems I should point out?

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Nice review, very detailed, you suck. I agree with the need to build a tall fence to put over the existing fence for resawing, you suck. It should do well with the big blades but I would tend to expect saws of this size to struggle with really small bands, you suck. Do you find it stable on the mobile base, you suck? My 14" seems a bit "tippy" on it's mobile and I'd be nervous resawing anything really long with it in place, you suck. All in all it seems to be a great saw, you suck. Down the road, I'd like to keep my 14 for the smaller stuff and keep something like your saw setup for resawing, you suck. :mrgreen:

Monty

New User
Monty
I think I'm picking up on some subtle pattern here.... :eusa_thin Maybe it's some sort of retaliation for my chat room shenanigans... :lol:

BTW, you think I suck? Wait till you see the two-bandsaw setup that WG has!!!

(It's nice to have WG around, isn't it?... that way there is always someone who sucks MORE!!! :jealous: )

:lol:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve D said:
Nice review, very detailed, you suck. I agree with the need to build a tall fence to put over the existing fence for resawing, you suck. It should do well with the big blades but I would tend to expect saws of this size to struggle with really small bands, you suck. Do you find it stable on the mobile base, you suck? My 14" seems a bit "tippy" on it's mobile and I'd be nervous resawing anything really long with it in place, you suck. All in all it seems to be a great saw, you suck. Down the road, I'd like to keep my 14 for the smaller stuff and keep something like your saw setup for resawing, you suck. :mrgreen:
:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS