Rigid R2600 5" Disc Sander Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles Baldwin

New User
Miles
I have had this sander for about a year and it worked great until recently. Seems that something in the bearing shaft let go and the disc just wants to spin on startup instead of oscillate. I can put the sander down on the wood and then start it and it works OK. However, setting a spinning disc down on wood with 100 grit can make some bad swirls.
Has anybody else had this problem and is there any fix other than to donate it to Goodwill and buy another sander? If so, it won't be a Rigid next time!

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Miles, I think that sander has a three year warranty and possibly a lifetime if you signed up for it. The repair should be fairly simple, quick and free but you will need to send it to a local service center.
Raleigh has one on Hodges Road but I am not sure in your area. Ridgidtools.com should show if there is a closer location. Hope this helps

Miles Baldwin

New User
Miles
Thanks Phil. I checked the web site and there is a service center in Fayetteville. I am over there a couple of times per month. I'll give them a call and see what they say.
Appreciate the help.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
not sure about that brand but the older PC's used a small belt under the pad that prevented free spin. looked like a rubber band. take the pad off and have a look. if this sander uses one it will be evident with the pad removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS