Resaw Fence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Padauk

New User
Padauk
Having just purchased a new band saw and after reading "Copy of Bill Clemons bandsaw fence" by eyekode, I built my own fence. I basically replicated eyekode's rails and table extension.

Here is my table, hickory rails with a red oak table extension. Since I regularly wax my cast iron table tops, I just applied wax to the wood.
showphoto.php

But I wanted a single fence that would be adjustable for any board height I was cutting. My solution was to cut out a section of the fence so that it would slide past the upper blade guides. And I saved a portion of the scrap cut-out and mounted it to backer board that could be adjusted. It is hard to explain in words, so here are a few pictures.
showphoto.php

The 2 knobs on right side (vertical) permit sliding the fence to the desired thickness. The 2 knobs on right (horizontal) are used to adjust blade drift. And the 2 knobs in middle raise and lower section under blade guides to height of board being cut. Note: The drift knobs are now painted red to remind me not to touch them once the drift has been set :smile:.

I've only made a few test cuts so far. But I think this design is going to work out great.

My thanks to eyekode (and Bill Clemmons) for the inspiration!

eyekode

New User
Salem
I like it! I have been using mine a bunch. I like the metal tapes. Might be nice to help when adjusting for blade drift. Now you just need to make a rip fence to go with it :).

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Dang Padauk,

That is one awesome looking tabole and fence upgrade~!

You ROCK~!

Oh and Welcome to NCWW it's the BEST~!

Matthew

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Okay, I may have given some meager inspiration w/ my very crude version awhile back, but I certainly can't take any credit for the beauties you and Salem (eyekode) have posted. They are light years ahead of mine. Seems that every time someone uses the previous version to make theirs, it just get's better. I think I'll wait for 2 or 3 more versions before I make mine. :rotflm: Not to mention, it will probably take me that long to get around to it. :gar-Bi GREAT WORK, ya'll. :notworthy:

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors