Resaw Fence for Bandsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsjordan

New User
Joel Jordan
Here is a resaw fence I built for my Delta 14" bandsaw. It is simple and works great! :mrgreen:

resaw_fence_side_view.jpg

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
Please pardon my ignorance but I do not understand how the gizmo made will work as a resaw fence. I thought a resaw fence needed to be long and straight and support the board more than a single contact point.
Please enlighten me on this jig. I am wanting to do some resaw this winter and it seems I need some education.

T

toolferone

Mark, the idea is that you can maintain your thickness but you can steer the board to keep a straight line. It can be difficult to get a regular fence parallel to the blade with the tendency of the blade to drift.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mark I am not an expert but unless you have an industrial BS it is next to impossible to resaw a perfect board using a long flat fense. DAMHIK. The blade will wander along the grain lines even if the saw is setup perfectly. With a single point fense you draw a line down the lenght of the board. You then hold it against the single pivot point and you move the board to follow the line as you resaw.

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
Thank you all for the good description. I have had a lot of bad experiences trying to resaw "the perfiect board" and now I see that it never had a chance in the first place. I have seen people with 1/8" veneers removed from 1 inch boards and I assumed that it was the set up or some other thing that made their cuts so much better than mine.
With this type of jig, can I assume that I can get a reasonably parellel cut board by following a drawn line, and then let the surface planer take it from their?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS