Corporate Member
SteveColes has reported a post.

Reason:
Title inappropriate??
Forum: General Woodworking
Assigned Moderators: McRabbet, MikeH

Posted by: Jeff Mills
Original Content:
Becomes a more sexy archtop. A 3/8" round over bit in the router table and a ROS, in about one hour she lost 1/4 of her total thickness and about 1/4 of her weight - now that's what I call slimfast.

3/8" roundover leaving a 1/"4 lip did both front and back.

2012-04-13_18-50-58_393.jpg

Results of ROS and 40/60/80/100/120 grit - time to order some timbermate grain filler - i'm fresh out...
2012-04-13_22-01-57_963.jpg

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks like all the mods are doing their taxes.......
Doesn't help to moderate a thread when the second post to it is by a moderator. Seems inconsistent to say the least.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I'm on the fence with this one. It's not controversial and seems relatively harmless to me. I think we should pick our battles on this one.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I'm on the fence with this one. It's not controversial and seems relatively harmless to me. I think we should pick our battles on this one.

Ask yourself if you were a "fat girl", would you feel the same. I would be offended. The moderation, if any called for here is simply to change the title. This is a slippery slope. Particularly with Jeff and a few others. They are always testing.

My MTCW

MikeH

New User
Mike
Ask yourself if you were a "fat girl", would you feel the same. I would be offended. The moderation, if any called for here is simply to change the title. This is a slippery slope. Particularly with Jeff and a few others. They are always testing.

My MTCW

I agree it's definitely a slippery slope and he's always testing.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
While the term fat girl may be a term for a guitar, most people will not know this (if it is even true, as I am not a guitar person). With that in mind most people will not understand the post and are more likely to assume the derogatory meaning.

Bottom Line: Change the title.

T

toolferone

Well, I am the mod who posted. I am a fat person and it did not bother me. No I am not a girl, nor a guitar. The title is not calling someone fat.

My .02 cents worth.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I didn't agree with it, but I did what I was supposed to do and asked Jeff to change the title. He was confused as I expected and said he was just going to delete the thread. He said he wasn't sure what he could and couldn't post. I'm not sure if he did or not, but he did creat a new thread saying goodbye.

I still don't see the harm in the title. If I was a fat girl so what. I would have read this as another fat girl went on a diet. Good for her, but it wasn't that. It was done in jest and meant to be funny not deragotory. Like Tom said He wasn't calling anyone fat. Aren't we all supposed to have a little bit of a sense of humor? I really think we need to pick our battles. I mean really. If we can't laugh at ourselves and have fun then what's the point. This was a silly title and not some controversial thread about politics or gun control or local government that was getting ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS