Repainting my Biesemeyer rail tube and have a question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-Ball

I couldn't bring myself to reattach my Biesemeyer rails to my table saw without repainting them... did the Unisaw a few years ago with Rustoleum Machine Gray and it turned out great (the saw is 25 years old)... looks like new and the finish seems far more durable than the original.

So I've sanded up the rails and the tube and am not sure what to do with the tube. If any of you have one, you know that the tube has sections of metal exposed where the fence stop moves along. I have always assumed that it was either for accuracy or so that the paint didn't get destroyed in its path.

The rust fairy has come to visit and I'd really like to just paint the whole darned thing... If I let it cure for a good long while, do you think it will be a problem...?

Thanks for your thoughts...

btw... I just sacrificed a Starrett rail tape (installed a few years ago) which just kills me...

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Mike,

I just checked the rail on my SawStop and they left a bare metal stripe too. I guess you might want to mask it before painting.
bobby g

8-Ball

Too late... I'm primered and have 2 coats of enamel on one side of the rails and tube...

I guess I'll be living on the edge...

What's the worst that can happen... have to strip the tube...?

I think I'd rather look at some paint dings where the fence cam pinches the paint than that strip rusting along the entire length...

I think I'll wait until I try it for awhile before sticking another rule to it though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS