Refresh, local veneer sources

whitecrane8

New User
Oberon
Refreshing post from 5 years ago.

Any good Raleigh area sources for veneer? Finishing 2 medium size speakers, prefer interesting grain pattern but open to suggestions. Capital Lumber has very limited, and expensive, options. Herzog is wholesale only

BKHam

Bradley
User
Veneersupplies.com - not local but you can pick out the individual pieces you want and see the sizes. super fast shipping.

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
+1 on veneer supply - as stated above the ability to see the actual piece you are buying is very important.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Veneer Supplies not only has excellent choices of veneer, but they also carry a broad range of veneering supplies from tools, to adhesives, to vacuum pumps and bags and more. I built one of their vacuum pump systems and have used it with their vacuum bags for several projects. Strongly recommended.

Kelly

Kelly
User
CertainlyWood.com is the best, IMHO. I have been to their massive warehouse outside Buffalo, so not local. But great customer service, great specials and you can see the individual flitches. They offer quantity discounts, with very low thresholds. Quick shipping.
Goby Walnut in Portland, Oregon specializes in Clark Walnut lumber and they also cut some much thicker veneer. If walnut is what you want, you should check them out.
I have purchased way too much from both of them, so what do you need ? I have some Claro walnut, olive ash burl, bees wing eucalyptus, mahogany, and several other species. I don’t have pics but you are welcome to come look.

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS