New User
Gregory
Work in Process is dropping slightly:

Bless our home was Stack Cut, Tom Zeig pattern

The 3rd (and for awhile, the last) P-40

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Greg you are doing a great job :icon_thum Everything looks great - will you be at the Klingspor show this weekend

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Greg :thumbs_up. Good luck with the show. Remember to take pictures of the booth before you sell out. :mrgreen:

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Where did you get the plan for the P-40? Our 2 year old's bedroom is done in all Aviation and that would look great in there.

R

rickc

That P40 is nice! I noticed some of your WIP pictures of the P40. You got some really nice looking P-38s, too!

Hook

New User
Gregory
Rick, the pattern for the P-38 came from the summer (or was it fall?) issue of Scrollsaw Woodworking & Crafts (I think that's the name of the publication).

Kevin, PM sent regarding the P-40.

Hook

New User
Gregory
Greg :thumbs_up. Good luck with the show. Remember to take pictures of the booth before you sell out. :mrgreen:

Booth Pics are in the General Woodworking Forum. Trust me, I didn't sell out. Sold about 1/2 of the ornaments and a few other items. Essentially broke even for the booth space, lunch, gas (2 trips), and the $$ spent at Michaels for the supplies to make the display for the ornaments. Based on how other people were doing, I think breaking even was pretty good.

I did donate some ornaments for door prizes. By the time 4 O'clock came though, I was ready to pack up and go home. It's funny how "tear down" takes a lot less time than "set up"

On a plus note, a local high end retailer came through my booth (and others) and asked to bring some samples by his store. He'd like to display a couple planes, the pickup truck and the chess set and see if that leads to anything.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Greg, Congrats on your first show/sale. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I know sales where not what you had hoped but success is not always measured in day's sales. You broke even $$$ wise but there is more to doing this then $$$$. Besides it sounds like you have a potential of ongoing year round sales which is great. Also since you do have a good inventory check around for other small craft fairs. There are a lot of churches and other organizations that hold them in November and December. The closer you get to the holiday's the better sales are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS