Recent Pens - New Attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
The vortex has taken hold. I've started trying different styles and materials. I even put TLOML initials on the acrylic for her. The wood pens, cocobola and purple heart, have the CA finish on them. That stuff stinks even with the garage door open. But having fun making shavings. Oh if anyone needs Easter grass, let me know. I've made my own tonight with the acrylic.

IMG_2719.JPG

View image in gallery

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Nice job on the pens!
No doubt the recipients will love them.
Hope you are using good ventilation with the ca, and acrylic - but don't overlook the wood dust. Many of the common woods used for pens can cause a myriad of problems.

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
I've utilized the existing ventilation system, the garage door is open and fans blowing. Only done on nice weather days so far.

Robert,
The initials were printed on clear decal paper from Testers on my ink jet printer. Once printed on the paper, it is sprayed with a clear coat lightly to seal the ink. Cut the decal out, set in water for a few seconds, then set it aside out of water and let the backing paper seperate from the decal paper. Carefully apply the decal on the polished pen. Let the decal cure and dry. I sealed it with several coats of CA and buffed out with micro mesh. :eusa_danc
I got all that from a guy on YouTube called grub32. Good instructional videos on different turning techniques.

Thanks again for the great advise you imparted on me during our visit. :icon_thum
I've put several of them to use! I like turning the Toni twist or Saturn pens. Trying my first cigar pen this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS