Raleigh CL - Powermatic Hollow Chisel Mortiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
Price looks good..don't know about condition (says like new). Not mine. Link: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/802767817.html

Ad:

Reply to: sale-802767817@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-08-18, 9:49PM EDT

Like New. -----------------------------

This new mortiser features heavy-duty cast iron construction and powerful 1HP motor for the most demanding jobs. The head is mounted using adjustable gibs to assure years of trouble free service. The heavy rack and pinion gear system utilizes a spring loaded six position adjustable handle for travel and a unique gas filled shock to allow for smooth movement. A handy depth stop gives a uniform finish on work. A large 20-1/4" x 7" table gives plenty of work support. The table can also move left and right and forward and back with the large handwheel controls. Adjustable linear stops and flip down stop allow for precision repeatability. The quick adjust clamp provides plenty of work holding force and will swivel to accommodate angled workpiece. The heavy enclosed steel cabinet provides plenty of storage inside for chisels and accessories.
01010701160901030520080818ff4b5130564b394e5200a519.jpg

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Wow! That looks nice. If I was nearer I would take a quick look at that and I already have the other Powermatic morticer, but would like the enclosed cabinet!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I convinced the wife to let me buy it. Guy told me to come over at 3:30 but to call first, called and he had already sold it. :-(

This is the second time a Powermatic 719 mortiser I have tried to buy has been sold out from under me.

I guess it is not meant for me to have this model of unit.....

TKKids

New User
TKKids
TRAVIS, Sorry man. Had someone wanting both pieces and couldn't say no.

It was a great deal. I actually messed up the pricing but figured if another woodworker was getting it, I would be happy.

I will be posting a Delta DC-380 15" Planer 230v, 3HP, 20amp, soon. Same idea not using it and I want someone to get it who will.

Tim
TKKids Creative Woodworking

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I convinced the wife to let me buy it. Guy told me to come over at 3:30 but to call first, called and he had already sold it. :-(

This is the second time a Powermatic 719 mortiser I have tried to buy has been sold out from under me.

I guess it is not meant for me to have this model of unit.....

Sorry man ... didn't know you wanted it ... sure fits nice in my shop!:gar-La;

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I'm still kicking myself for not picking up that planer you got ... a sweet deal by every measure. Glad you got it though ... your projects are more substantial than mine, plus I have to pay for this rocking chair class with Woodguy!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
As to the planer, I got there first thing that morning and still figured it would be sold out from under me. It is a sweet machine, but it is almost exactly the same as the shopfox I saw at Klingspor yesterday. Some minor differences, but it is the same down to mountings, screw locations, and cover sizes.

Strangely enough, that PM2000 is still sitting there for sale as of now.

Maybe I should buy it? Nahh.... WIDE BELT SANDER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors