Quick reply button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

New User
Rob
I really hate having to click this to either do a quick reply or advance reply, I've never seen a reason for it. If the staff agrees, can we get this disabled? There's a setting in vbulliten to (dang if I remember where it is though). That way the quick reply box is active inside the thread, and all you have to do is click inside it and type.

Thanks for all you guys do, I know it's a job.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hmm :eusa_thin I never use the Quick Reply function as I have never found it any quicker that just using the general Reply button. I tried it and I can't even get there. I get a IE box that tells me that I have to choose the quick reply function I want...there ain't any options.
Yes this is something we (Bas/Chad) have to look into :icon_thum

This could have something to do with the debugging operations, I have noticed that a few things haven't been running as they should.

Dave:)

toolman

New User
Chad
This is a Quick Reply message, Rob I clicked on the bottom right icon of your post and it sent me to the bottom of the page were the Quick Reply box is and I just started typing.. Is this what you are talking about??

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I really hate having to click this to either do a quick reply or advance reply, I've never seen a reason for it.
Well, there is a reason. If you simply reply without a click, the site doesn't know specifically to which post you're replying. Many people use the threaded or hybrid view, which means (for example) you can see that Dave replied to Chad and Bas replied to Dave's reply. Without the click, you can't tell whether Bas replied to Chad's post or Dave's reply.

Making the change is fairly simple (it's a standard option in vBulletin), but I'm afraid we'd confuse a lot of people. So, I think we're better off leaving this as it is....sorry.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Shouldn't there be a committee established that polls the user population and then writes a synopsis that is presented to the board for further review and comment before a decision is made?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Shouldn't there be a committee established that polls the user population and then writes a synopsis that is presented to the board for further review and comment before a decision is made?
Sounds good Travis. Unfortunately, the chair of the Committee In Charge Of Polling The User Population And Writing a Synopsis That Is Presented To The Board has resigned. You interested in that post? If so, please submit your name to the Committee In Charge Of Recruiting People For The Committee In Charge Of Polling The User Population And Writing a Synopsis That Is Presented To The Board - thanks!

:gar-La;

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Yes, please submit my name to the chair of the committee In charge of polling the user population and writing a synopsis that is presented to the board for their review and perusal. My qualifications should be quite sufficient and I believe that the committee in charge of polling the user population and writing a synopsis that Is presented to the board will find it more than satisfactory.

I would submit my resume and personal profile, but it is 40 meg zipped so it exceeds the limits set by the committee in charge of polling the user population and writing a synopsis that Is presented to the board so can we submit a request to the the committee in charge of polling the user population and writing a synopsis that Is presented to the board to get file size limits increased?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I would submit my resume and personal profile, but it is 40 meg zipped so it exceeds the limits set by the committee in charge of polling the user population and writing a synopsis that Is presented to the board so can we submit a request to the the committee in charge of polling the user population and writing a synopsis that Is presented to the board to get file size limits increased?
No.

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
Yes, please submit my name to the chair of the committee In charge of polling the user population and writing a synopsis that is presented to the board for their review and perusal. My qualifications should be quite sufficient and I believe that the committee in charge of polling the user population and writing a synopsis that Is presented to the board will find it more than satisfactory.

Travis, are you bored this morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS