??? Quick Hone Planer Blade sharpener???

Status
Not open for further replies.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Hi Folk's, I have the Quick Hone sharpener for planer blades and they suggest a 12" x 12" x 1" piece of granite or glass to attach your sandpaper to to use the hone. Question is, where can one find granite or glass with these dimensions? Thanks. Steve

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
See if there is a local cabinet shop that has off cuts of granite counter top or any of the synthetic counter top material.

You could also use a ceramic floor tile, they come in 12x12 size and larger.

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
+1 on cabinet and stone shops.

See if there is a tombsone supplier in your area.

check CL to see if you can score a surface plate.

We have a large glass shop here in town, Winston-Salem) I have gotten large thick sheets of glass that were either drops, special orders that were not picked up, job overruns and sometimes they salvage glass from jobs. Last piece I got was a 3/4" thick piece 12" x 36". iI was glass shelving from a wedding shop. Check hardware stores.

Check Home depot or lowes for a floor tile in that size. I figure the natural stone tiles should be pretty flat.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Check a kitchen supply store. Some of the cutting boards of man-made materials can be stable, dead flat, and fairly inexpensive. The key here is a dead flat surface. If you don't have a piece of glass, granite, or counter top that will work, you can use a piece of 3/4" MDF, or even the top of your table saw. Anything flat and stable.

Bill

steviegwood

New User
Steven
I have tried everywhere close to me that I can think of. We will be taking a trip to Winchester, Va this weekend if everything goes okay. They have a Lowes and Home Depot that I am going to check with to find something. Thanks for all of the suggestions. Steve

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
How far are you from Martinsburg? Our daughter lives there. She will be coming home at Christmas and could take you a piece of glass back. Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS