Question about the Delta Hybid Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgreene93

Mark
Corporate Member
Does anyone have one of these? Is it a good saw? I'd like to find something that would last and be able to do anything I need it for.

Thanks

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
Mark, I think it's a good design idea. I use a Contractors saw and it has the motor hanging off the rear where it gets in the way of an outfeed table. The inside motor is a better design and the Unisaw cabinet shrinks the floor footprint to the smallest it can be. I think you also have the choice of left or right tilt.
One thing to find out is whether the trunions are the same size as the 3-5 HP models. Most of my saw work requires consistant accurate cutting, and a heavy duty trunion will help with that. A 1.5 HP saw will cut a lot of wood and it runs on a single 20A circuit.(might run better on 240V). I worked at a place where they used a 1.5 HP contractors saw to cut plywood all day long building shipping boxes---and they had the same saw for 9 years.

Accurate cutting requires a GOOD fence. Know what your buying there too.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
As an alternative, look at the Craftsman 22124 (commomly known as the zip code saw). It comes with the trunions mounted to the cabinet and has a Bies. 30" fence system as standard. If you wanted a longer fence, it is a simple matter of making new rails. Do a search on some of the other ww forums for the "zip code saw", or 22124. Gets nothing but positive reviews. Both saws are in the same price range, but when on sale with Craftsman Club discounts, the 22124 is cheaper to buy.

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
Since last post I spent some time looking at the Grizzley site. Their hybrid saw uses the "contractor" type trunion. Would suggest you look at the Delta in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS