QSRO bookcase WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Here's a short liitle book case I'm making for the wife out of some of cull you guys didn't want from the last kiln dried QSRO lumber run @ Scott's

There is so much ray fleck in some of the boards it almost look like cull - that's because it is.

Seal coat is still wet sorry for the glare

P10100785.JPG

P10100794.JPG

Thanks

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Aw Jeff, Man that sure is some purdy stuuf there.
I'm serious reall good looking rays coming off of that QSRO.
I like RO allot, except the smell when cutting it, phew. lol.

Oh sorry Jeff good start on the bookcase, lil brother. I got so caught up in looking at the wood.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
nice stuff jeff. :icon_thum I seem to recall building some stuff from culls.:gar-La; some of the prettyest stuff I've done came from your cull pile!:swoon: I sure am glad nobody wanted this stuff.:crossedlips:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Few more pics, I made up some molding on the router table and wrapped the top with it. It's sealed up now, ready for a little touch-up and then some top coats. I thought about laying down a toner coat but I think I'll just go naked, I like all the natural color variation.

P01.JPG

P02.JPG

P03.JPG

P04.JPG

P05.JPG

Thanks

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Yup, Pretty bookcase and pretty culls, er QSRO!:gar-La;

If you got any more culls I'll be glad to take them off your hands, Jeff:widea:
Heck, I would even come to your place and pick them up...:gar-Bi

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nifty profile on that molding, Jeff!!!:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

Looks like a mini-crown molding. It really sets off the top.

That really is pretty wood. Ain't it!!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Wayne

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Jeff, that's looking great so far man. Beautiful wood and the design is a rockin'. Can't wait to see it all done. :thumbs_up

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I really messed up on the top rail, it should sit in between the side rails, I don't know what I was thinking - oh well... I got a lot of practice T&G'ing all the parts to fit. I don't heat the shop less, I'm going to spend some time in there. So I brought it in the house, so it would not freeze. My son thinks it's a great to do home work on, I'm glad I I got a seal coat on it :roll:. Now that it's nice outside again, I think I'll go get a plywood back for it, finish it up and stack it full of books.

Thanks for comments except it don't need no spinny machine legs - I don't get a lot of shop time but I enjoy it when I do.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Well, no need to worry about freezing anymore! Nice bookcase Jeff, that should do well. Functional and pretty, can't ask for more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS