[Problem-DQ] Klingspor Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimwill48

James
I'm DQ Qualified but it says that my "Klingspor Status" = Never Sent. Does this mean that I will not be able to take advanage of any discount that Klingspor offers members?

Thanks in Advance,

James

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
yes it does. I will fix it and try to get you added as soon asI can.

I don't understand why this has happened.

Has it ever had a sent date?
Do you have any idea when you were first DQ or if you have come off the list, when was the last time time you were made DQ.

If i look at the database, it says that you were never sent to Klingspor, but that you become DQ om 9/2/08

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Mine says never sent either. Is there something that I am supposed to send. If there is a doc on it in the library just point me there and I will do what needs to be done. Just wasn't sure.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Once a month, we send an updated list to Klingspor. Jim's should have been added to the 10/1/2008 list,but wasn't.:dontknow: All of this done by code on the site that I wrote. This is the first time that I have heard of a real problem.

So there are 2 things I must do, first, ask Klingspor to process an out of schedule update and produce it manually. The second is find and the software problem.

Kevin, you missed the send date by one day.:swoon:If klingspor is willing, I will try and sent an early update to get everyone who made DQ in the first part of Oct onto their list in time for the Hickory Extravaganza.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
To all of you, the next list to go to Klingspor will take care of things and get us back in sync. So just relax and enjoy the show:rotflm:

M

McRabbet

Ed,

DQ means "Discount Qualified" and will not prevent you from posting pictures. DQ status will provide discounts at certain vendors in NC -- see this thread for the DQ definition.

As for your pictures, attachments are not allowed since they can only be used once and have been found to create some technical issues. Instead, you need to upload pictures to your Photo Gallery (either click on the camera icon next to your name in a thread or click on Photo Gallery on the Blue Menu Bar at the top of the page). Once the new window opens, you'll see Upload Photos to the right of the new menu bar near the top of the Gallery Index. You can upload any number of photos from your hard drive, five at a time. Once they are in your Gallery, you can then insert them into a thread. My instructions in the Frequently Asked Questions need to be updated, which I promise to do this week.

Ed DelCogliano

New User
Ed
Thanks for explaining what DQ is. I have uploaded 32 pictures to my album but still can't put pictures on a post. I know I am suppose to go to Insert Image and it asked for a URL. When I give it the URL of where my pictures are in the Album it doesn't do anything. This is where I am stuck. Thanks

M

McRabbet

Ed,

The secret to posting pictures is to open two windows at once; one points to the thread where you are adding a post, and the other points to your Album. Start your post and when you want to add a picture, switch to the other window. Once you find the picture you want to add from the thumbnails (you may need to go to other pages in your album), then click on that picture. A larger image appears and below it is a series of menu buttons and picture insertion options. The menu buttons allow you to manipulate that picture and is self-explanatory. Below the picture caption box is an area titled "Direct Links" or "BBCode Links", depending on how the preference is set for you Album in your personal profile. Most are preset to Direct Links and that is how I will explain it below.

The instructions tell you what procedure to follow and there are 3 picture options that follow with "code" in the boxes to the right of each style. A "Best Size" picture is good for one or two pictures in a post, and a "Thumbnail" shows just a thumbnail-sized picture. Select the code in the box for the picture size you want with your mouse cursor and it gets highlighted. Press CTRL-C (for copy) to place this code in the Windows Clipboard buffer. Note the little picture icon in the instructions that is yellow and has a mountain and sun in it for the next step.

Switch windows back to your Post. Move the cursor to the insertion point and click to anchor it. Now click on the yellow "Insert Image" icon you see above the text window and a new window opens asking for you to provide a URL for the picture. Press CTRL-V to paste the Clipboard contents into the window and press OK. The picture is now inserted into your Post.

If you have lots of pictures to add to a Post, switch back and forth between the Post and Album windows, selecting new pictures each time. At the very bottom of a selected picture in your album view, you'll see a separate picture box that says "Linked Thumbnail". Select the contents there and switch back to your post. Don't use the yellow Image Insertion Icon, but just paste that code into your thread where you want it. The code will appear, but if you preview your Post, it changes to a thumbnail in the Post, but will expand to a medium picture when someone clicks on it in your thread.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS