Potential Westernish picnic site

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
It finally occurred to me that there is a park in Forest City that has covered picnic shelters with power, restrooms, playgrounds and a large sand area suitable for volleyball. I went by and checked - there are 5 shelters most with electricity. There are nice picnic tables there too. The gal who answered the phone had no idea how many the shelters held, or about wood run kinds of things. I can continue to pursue that. Here's the kicker - they rarely book up very far ahead and the price for the whole days is - are you ready???? - $40.

This might be great for at least a more western location. What do you think?

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Let's discuss a date. Since the Annual Picnic is in the spring, a fall date would be nice. Get me some contact info so I can do my job. :gar-Bi

cskipper

Cathy
828-248-5220 is the contact info for the park. How about the first weekend in Sept? Or any weekend in Sept?

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Don't mean to hijack this thread. This park in Rowan county is a very centrally located park in the state. I am just thinking spring, annual picnic location. A possible site for the SPRING picnic. http://www.dannicholas.net/

I am all for a fall picnic in the mountains. Cathy, the site you posted would be great for a fall and or spring picnic.

cskipper

Cathy
I was really thinking fall not the big spring picnic, just because it's pretty out of the way for folks east of the Raleigh area.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'd agree on the fall thing in FC. That's not too far to travel for most folks around CLT & points to the immediate east, and it's easy access via US74 for members coming from the west.

Last edited:
M

McRabbet

Great suggestion for a Fall Picnic, Cathy. The site that Tacy suggests for the annual spring picnic looks good, too. It is never too early to start some dialogue about alternatives to the Triangle area.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
My 2 cents is if you go ahead with a "Fall in the Mountains" event, folks will come. Especially if you schedule in late Sept or early October. Maybe you can coordinate with Asheville Hardware to run some mini classes or get some local groups to demo.

But if you want this to happen you need to book and announce ASAP. Also thinking that this should be a pay to attend event. The Spring event is paid by NCWW because it is our required annual business meeting. I am sure the BoD could work out a way for NCWW to underwrite some of the costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS