Potential Raleigh Oak Lumber Run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

russellellis

New User
Russell
Man, i wish i was able to get some of this. I am having a hard time here in West Virginia finding QS white oak. If i had a truck or van to make it down to NC, i would be in for 200-300. lucky guys.

gazzer

Gazzer
Corporate Member
I need to make room, but I would be able to do 150 bf of QSWO. I need mostly 4/4 but could use 30-50 bf of 5/4 if available

Thanks.

-g

J

jeff...

That's another 250BF and put's us around 1000BF left. I think between now and September when it comes out of the kiln that should be sold too. I'll give Insteadof (Jim) a call today see it I set up shop out at his place for a few weeks and let you guys know what he says.

Thanks...

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
What will the price be on the 100 bf of qswo I requested so I can start saving my pennies?

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I'd like about 50 bf QSWO, mostly 4/4 but some 6/4 or 8/4 if available.

I live just a few miles west of Bernhard off of Red Mountain Rd. near 501. I'd like to see your harvesting/sawing operation in progress. It would be a great learning experience for me and I'd be glad to help out if that's appropriate. email or call me at 919-477-1063.

Thanks.

JimThomasson

New User
Jim
Please put me down for 100bf of 4/4 QSRO!

I need this desparately for a mission chair and ottoman I've promised my niece!

J

jeff...

Just got off the phone with Jim - it's a go I'm going to set up shop out at his place on an old logging trail next to the barn. We'll work on getting the logs up out of the woods first and into one location. Then I'll bring my sawmill out there and do a little wood working. I'm glad Jim was very agreeable to me setting up shop out at his place it's by far better to haul lumber to Scotts Kiln than it is to haul logs then lumber. I plan on starting in the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you guys posted and try and remember to snap some pics to share. I'm going to cut the logs back to 8' in order to make it easier to snake em out of the woods. There's going to be a lot of lumber to cut when we finally do get the logs out.

Thanks everyone for your interest - that was the deciding factor for me - guess you guys want me sawing... instead of praticing Jedi mind tricks. In a few weeks, I bet you guys I'll be wishing I had Yoda power and could just levitate those logs out of the woods :)

Due to the estimate of BF - I'm going to have to stop taking requests at this time - I'll have a lot better idea after we start sawing how much we'll yeild.

sawduster

New User
Robert
It was my order what put you over the top , right ? :kermit:
no applause please , I'm happy to do my part :rotflm:

J

jeff...

Hey guys - I'm going to be posting BF totals from your replies- Please check the first post of this thread and let me know if all is cool. I accounted for 3650BF from your replies. So I have to close this for now - Jim also has a 500 BF order in - which I forgot to post :slap: I think with the WO I have and his we should have enough to fill Scott's 4000 BF kiln to over flowing...

Scott told me if I cut the 8/4 early, he can put it on top of the load when the load comes down to what the 8/4 is at as long as it's below 20% MC. So that's what I'll do. Cut the big 40" dia WO into 8/4, stick it on the trailer and take the trailer home, till I start working out at Jim's. I have a couple smaller maples and a sycamore out there that I've been letting spalt so I'm going to cut those to while I'm at it. Then I'll move my mill out from the log yard - which should be fun since it ain't been moved in a while. Bring it home a change the oil and give her a good greasing and looking over. I'll load up the bobcat on the bobcat trailer and take that out to Jim's and start hauling running logs up out of the woods...

Jeff you are more than welcome to come out and [strike]play[/strike] work with us - I'll put you on the wood mizer for a while (you can cut your own lumber) - I think you'll enjoy it...

Thanks

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Checked the posting for totals. I think that I wanted about 50 bf of 4/4 QSWO. I'll also take about 30-50 bf of 8/4 QSWO.

I checked out the Wood-Mizer website. Do you have an LT70? Looks like I'm fixin to get a learnin! Should be very interesting, but will need ear and eye protection, etc. I've got the green cutters, but will need some fuel oil. Keep in touch and I'll figure out when I can come over and (work or help?).

J

jeff...

Sanders Woodworking / Jeff / HMH - Thanks for the Conformation

Everyone else - please check the first post of this thread - let me know if I got your order right or not.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS