Possible Sketch-up Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Speaking of Sketchup.....there was some talk about having a Sat class for us sketchup dummies. Has that died or is it still in the works?

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dirk asked the question,
But I want to ask a few things.

1. Is there interest in a "Beginners" Sketch-up class?
2. Would you pay a little bit ($5-$10) to defer the cost of the Web-ex hosting and pay Dave for a cup of coffee?
3. If yes to #1 and #2 what is the best time (weeknight, Saturday)
3a. If a weeknight, is there one that is better than another?

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Speaking of Sketchup.....there was some talk about having a Sat class for us sketchup dummies. Has that died or is it still in the works?

Dirk,
Glad you brought it up.
Not sure that it died, just a stall through the holidays...

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
If it stays cold like this, maybe you guys could pay for an airplane ticket, give me a bed to sleep in and some good meals/drinks. I'll stay there until it warms up here. :D

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
If it stays cold like this, maybe you guys could pay for an airplane ticket, give me a bed to sleep in and some good meals/drinks. I'll stay there until it warms up here. :D
HEY!
its only 22 deg. with a high of 29! Not much help...

We could all meet at Jeremy's place (Woodwrangler)!

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
It's +6 here with a windchill of -16 (warmer than it's been since Saturday) with blizzard conditions. Schools are closing early to get the kids home in daylight.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
It's +6 here with a windchill of -16 (warmer than it's been since Saturday) with blizzard conditions. Schools are closing early to get the kids home in daylight.
Explain to me again why people live there?:eusa_thin

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Sometimes I wonder. I've heard it's because there are no earth quakes, hurricanes, wildfires, tsunamis and at least this time of the year the mosquitoes are moving slow enough you can get out of their way before they land on you and bite. :D

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
You are welcome at my house, I can't buy the airline ticket, but can provide a warm room and good Southern cooking.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
You are welcome at my house, I can't buy the airline ticket, but can provide a warm room and good Southern cooking.
O.K.! (Oh, you meant Dave...) ha ha

Dave, the cooking is GREAT!

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Dirk asked the question,

2. Would you pay a little bit ($5-$10) to defer the cost of the Web-ex hosting and pay Dave for a cup of coffee?

1. I am more interested in a "intermediate" class.
2. I would be more than willing to pay a small fee
3. I am flexible as long as it is not before 6:30pm on weekdays.

HBFlyer.com

New User
HB
Dirk asked the question,

Hank:
Our company has a "GoToMeeting account that can handle 16 people. I have Sketchup and don't get it so yes I'd be willing to donate our connection when not in use. It's normally used during the day not evenings.

HB

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Dirk asked the question,

1. Is there interest in a "Beginners" Sketch-up class? Yes
2. Would you pay a little bit ($5-$10) to defer the cost of the Web-ex hosting and pay Dave for a cup of coffee? Yes
3. If yes to #1 and #2 what is the best time (weeknight, Saturday) anytime
3a. If a weeknight, is there one that is better than another? No
See in red

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
I offered to do some one-on-one training for REAL beginners and only had a couple of takers. Some people are embarrassed to ask really basic questions to get started. Once again, if someone wants to do an uber-beginner session, I'll try to help. The only prerequisites are that you have to have a good Internet connection, you must be using a Windows computer, you must know how to install Sketchup Make, and you must be willing to install screen-sharing software, such as Zoom, Skype, or even Google Hangouts. I don't have GoToMeeting.

HBFlyer.com

New User
HB
I offered to do some one-on-one training for REAL beginners and only had a couple of takers. Some people are embarrassed to ask really basic questions to get started. Once again, if someone wants to do an uber-beginner session, I'll try to help. The only prerequisites are that you have to have a good Internet connection, you must be using a Windows computer, you must know how to install Sketchup Make, and you must be willing to install screen-sharing software, such as Zoom, Skype, or even Google Hangouts. I don't have GoToMeeting.
I'll take you up on ONE On One training and make a contribution to NCWW everytime!

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
I am very interested in the beginners scetchup and yes to a small fee and weeknights would be wonderful as I seem to be on the weekend shift (well sort of)

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
guessing from the response it was a decent question....lots of ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS