Porter Cable 330 sander death

Kelly

Kelly
User
My 330 has died and they don’t make it anymore. This has been my finish sander for years.
What takes its place in the market ? Who makes a comparable heavy square ROS ?

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
I had the same problem, sander died and it was my favorite. I've got a Festool sander now, only thing I could find that was anything close to what I wanted. I'm glad I moved to the Festool, wasn't a fan of the expensive green tools, but I think it's about as close as it gets these days.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
They make the 380 now and while it's pretty reliable it doesn't seem to have the same build quality as the 330 had.

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
I have an old Makita Model M901 that works fine. I don't use it anymore, so if you want it, you are welcome to have it.
1683846828230.png

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Own more than one 330 Speed Block sander. About the only thing to fail is the brushes, or bearings, both of which are replacable. The pads are a "wear item."

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
I have an old Makita Model M901 that works fine. I don't use it anymore, so if you want it, you are welcome to have it.
I have a Makita quarter-sheet sander that looks very similar to that. I use it for that last few grits to go with the grain to get out any pigtails. It actually has decent dust collection with a dust extractor.

1683852501981.png

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS