Popsicle Stick Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
This is something that I turned tonight. I was walking through Hobby Lobby the other night with the LOML and came across these predyed sticks and had a light bulb go off. I glued them up before dinner. I just poured Thin CA over both sides and hit it will accelerator waited until after dinner and this came out. I think it turned out pretty well. It is for a Sierra/Wall Street II. I am thinking I will kit it as the wife likes it.

Let me know what you think...

Here are some updated Pictures:

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_07971.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
that is a neat idea, now get the plain ones and do custom colors ;-)

Keep up the good work!

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
that is a neat idea, now get the plain ones and do custom colors ;-)

Keep up the good work!

I had thought about that. I will have to get some dye and give it a whirl. I wanted to prove out the idea before I invested alot into it. Wasn't sure how the sticks would turn. They turn like butter.. :) I also want to try some different cuts to get some interesting patterns in it.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
It's addictive isn't it!!

I'd probably get good at a CA finish for those. As soft as the wood is, the extra protection would probably be worth it.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
It's addictive isn't it!!

I'd probably get good at a CA finish for those. As soft as the wood is, the extra protection would probably be worth it.

Verry Addictive. I do have a CA finish on there. I think I have 4 or 5 coats on it. It just doesn't shine like other woods and the picture is crap. I need to get some new lights for my photo lamps so I can get some better pictures..

I figured stabilizing it with thin CA to create the blank and then building up a CA Finish would probably keep it together. It worked out pretty good.

I have some checkers that I bought at the dollar store the other day that I am going to glue up and see how they turn out. Obviously I plan to create a checkerboard pattern with them. :)

nelsone

New User
Ed
Great idea! I love seeing people come up with unique ways of doing things and I think this qualifies! Take a look at some of the pens EagleSC used to do for some inspiration on other ideas.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Great idea! I love seeing people come up with unique ways of doing things and I think this qualifies! Take a look at some of the pens EagleSC used to do for some inspiration on other ideas.

Those are simply amazing. I can only hope that I can become that creative and that good. I just started turning at the beginning of the month and I am hooked. I will absolutely use his pens as inspiration. I love to experiment with different things. This will give me something to strive for. I need to get my Christmas presents done first though. :) Hopefully once I get those turned I can start playing some more. Actually who am I kidding I will sneak in some fun ones. :)

nelsone

New User
Ed
You are already thinking outside of the box! Keep it up! Creativity makes pen turning much more fun!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Keep up the great ideas. Thinking outside the box as others have said is what creativity is all about. The wealthiest people in the world thought outside the box.:widea:

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I uploaded some updated pictures. I think it looks good on the kit. However the pics are not what I would like.

I will take that rich part. Especially in this day and age.

J

jeff...

Strange brew, entice and captive, lure one closer to the edge of the dark side, it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors