Planned outage due to VBulletin 4 Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

silbendy

New User
Vince C
Part of the upgrade will include a wiki integrated in vb4. The idea is t provide a woodworking wiki encyclopedia. There will be a more formal article structure, and a WIP
Log available for those who are willing o that.

But the forums will still be the primary methodology.

As a new member and woodworking newbie I would say that a wikki attached to the site as a repository for information would be awsome. I also would suggest a few FAQ posts stickied at the top of various forums. (I haven't been able to find any FAQ's so forgive me if I am missing them).

Another possible idea might be a sticky in each of the woodworking forums noting interesting topics (how to's or plan suggestions) with links to the threads they point to. It would help for picking out good old stuff that is buried in the threads.

Just a few thoughts from a new persons perspective.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
It's been really nice meeting everyone here and getting to know each other on a general wood working level as well as making some close friendships. I sincerely and truly hope that all goes well with the upgrade and wish everyone well/hope to see you again somewhere, some day if everything goes wrong. :p

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
I whole-hardheartedly agree, Mike!
This is a great site and I look forward to the "new" NCWWer.
Regards,

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
You have no faith:rotflm::rotflm:

been nice knowin y'all!:eek: befor we all go awol are we set up for that PE Mike?:) I guess the smilies have all left town sensing the impending disaster? BTW Steve..... I live by the philosophy that if the is a 50% chance something can go wrong there is a 90% probability it will! see y'all next week same bat time same bat channel.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
been nice knowin y'all!:eek: befor we all go awol are we set up for that PE Mike?:) I guess the smilies have all left town sensing the impending disaster? BTW Steve..... I live by the philosophy that if the is a 50% chance something can go wrong there is a 90% probability it will! see y'all next week same bat time same bat channel.

I have Faith that this upgrade will be smooth, not without an occasional hiccup, but overall smooth. Please be patient as this is a major upgrade. I have total faith in Steve coordinating it and the staff lending a hand where needed. Now, let's all go to our shop and try to make the best project we can for the new site. First to post, is the First to brag on the new North Carolina Woodworker Website. And yes I challenge all of you to take bragging rights. :):)

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I have Faith that this upgrade will be smooth, not without an occasional hiccup, but overall smooth. Please be patient as this is a major upgrade. I have total faith in Steve coordinating it and the staff lending a hand where needed. Now, let's all go to our shop and try to make the best project we can for the new site. First to post, is the First to brag on the new North Carolina Woodworker Website. And yes I challenge all of you to take bragging rights. :):)

awww shucks Tracy. ya mean we gots ta ak-choo-ly DO something IN the SHOP????? hmmm... interesting concept.:-D Maybe I just might!????? nawwwww.............. see ya's in a few days. maybe less. Papa smurf has been known to do some good stuff sometimes. give er heck Steve if-n it don't work a nice thick oak slab should straiten it all right out. :-D

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
To quote Bill Murray from "Ghostbusters",

"See ya on the other side, Ray."............:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS