Pink is my favorite color

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Yep - guys take warning... A few years ago I bought my wife a small little estwing hammer which I nicknamed the girly hammer, she was complaining that my 28oz hammer was to heavy for her to use. She liked the girly hammer BUT she said it's not pink :roll: So I said if I ever see a pink handled hammer I will buy it for you. Guys that was over two 2 years ago OK.

So we are in super walmart picking out presents for the brother in law and my father. I gravitated to the tool section proudly telling my wife, a guy can never have enough tools - which you all know is the truth :) So my wife spots a girly tool bag (pink) complete with a pink hammer, pink screw drivers, pink tape measure and a couple other pink things all in a nice neat little pink zip up bag and gave me those you told me you would eyes. Guess who eat his words for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Yep that would be me... See if I would not have bought her that cute pink girly sized tool kit - I would have lied, so I ended up buying it :confused_

Now if your wife is anything like mine - watch what you say because she never forgets.

Here are the pink tools

6632.jpg

Thanks

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Those don't look pink to me, they look like MAUVE ! :rotflm:

Pink is for girlies, MAUVE is for Women!

Bon Appetite!

:rolf:

Last edited:

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Jeff...

I do believe you've got me running to WalMart. Maybe that'll keep my wife from digging through my stuff.

I know in my house (and probably all married men's homes) a happy momma means a happy pappa.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Jeff ole buddy, what am I going to do with you.:rotflm:.
Pink man-o-man. I tell you what, if we ever here of you reaching for one of those tools. Well we might just have to talk:slap::rolf: about suspension of your Man Card.
Luv ya brother:eek:ccasion1

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jeff, you did what any man would have done in that sitution. :help: It sure beats sleeping on the couch.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
A man of his word, with no expiration date!
I can ONLY imagine the points you raked in with that purchase...
And OH the but honey, remember you got what YOU wanted lines you have acrued... could be great purchases in your future :gar-Bi

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Ya think you can get that sawmill if you promise to paint it pink?:rotflm:

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Smart man Jeff, my wife says that she would rather have a deep dark red one:eusa_danc I can handle that one

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Man, I'd love to see a photo of Jeff working with some pink tools...

And YOU KNOW that the time will come when he's working on a quick "honeydo" in the house, and he'll grab 'ol pinky in the interests of being expedient!

Hey Jeff - that pink tape measure might be a good thing to bring to the next lumber run. One things's for sure, you wouldn't have to worry about it walking off! :rotflm:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Don't want to hijack the thread here, but some places like Sunbelt & United Rentals keep pink hardhats. You might up the ante with one of those. I buy 'em to keep on the jobsite. If anyone is caught without theirs on I make 'em wear it until they get theirs. Saw many a guy hightail it to his truck. Trouble is, the roach coach & truck drivin' women want 'em all!:gar-La;

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hey Jeff - that pink tape measure might be a good thing to bring to the next lumber run. One things's for sure, you wouldn't have to worry about it walking off! :rotflm:

I would not be so sure of that. We have some very talented and charming Lady WW ( Amy, Lorriane, Barbara, Cathy,....) who might jump at the chance to score a bonus such as that.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I would not be so sure of that. We have some very talented and charming Lady WW ( Amy, Lorriane, Barbara, Cathy,....) who might jump at the chance to score a bonus such as that.

Scott - good point! Especially your comments re the talent and charm of some of our lovlier members!

J

jeff...

Even though she has yet to open the bag she's gotten very possessive... Last night I came in from the shop with a pair of safety glasses on my head, I forgot they were up there else I would have left them in the shop. She looked at me and said you have safety glasses? I said yeah lots of pairs in the shop (little does she know I by them by the gross :cool:). I said why you need a pair? She said no, I have my own pair in my PINK tool kit, they are MINE, not yours. She emphasized the words pink and mine, which means to me shes has taken ownership of said pink tool bag items.

I'm waiting to see how all this plays out. I may be able to somehow leverage pink girly tools to acquire the new 8' diameter chainsaw log splitter I've been wanting... Yeah right fat chance of that happening :no:

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Nice, his-and-her tools. That should keep them straight. Now you just have to make sure you never get caught borrowing a pink one!

Funny how times change. During the Renaissance, pink was a manly color... akin to red it was aggressive, strong, and attention-getting. (Think red Ferrari.) Women wore blue, considered softer and quieter.

Anybody with a pink DW 788, PC 7518, or ClearVue they are too manly to own, I'll be glad to take it off your hands.

J

jeff...

Well she used her girly tools to put together this towel rack :thumbs_up Even though she didn't know the difference between a big and small pan head screw and I had to show her that one screw was too big to be screwed in the small hole. Then I showed here the difference between a pan head screw and a flat head screw. One less honeydo crossed of the list :icon_cheers

P101000144.JPG

When she was done, the last words she said to me "don't touch my girly tools" and to my youngest daughter "I don't want to see another towel on the floor again"

By the way I got a good look at the tool colors they are both mauve and pink :roll:

Thanks

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
I have my own pair in my PINK tool kit, they are MINE, not yours. She emphasized the words pink and mine, which means to me shes has taken ownership of said pink tool bag items.

Your a good man but your in trouble now, better keep her away from the shop. :rotflm:

J

jeff...

Your a good man but your in trouble now, better keep her away from the shop. :rotflm:

Nope not in trouble - She won't go in the shop, says "there are cobwebs in there and deer antlers over the door" I like it that way :) She did try an get me to cleanup the cobwebs once by buying me a shop vac but I never got around to it, probably never will either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS