Pens and Bottlestoppers Turned on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badabing

New User
Joe
I had the day off on Friday and decided to turn as many things as possible :wsmile:

Here is what came out of the effort:

In order they are: Black Chrome Cigar Pen in Red dyed Boxelder Burl, Bright Copper Cigar Pen in Cocobolo, Gold Sierra Pen in Boxelder Burl, Stainless Steel Bottlestopper in East India Rosewood, Stainless Steel Bottlestopper in Quina Wood.

Thanks for looking! As always, comments and constructive criticism are appreciated :wwink:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
All in just one day!!!!

Holy smokes! That would be at least 6 months of effort for me.

I have to admit that the East Indian Rosewood bottle stopper really caught my eye. Sure is pretty wood!:tongue100:

Very well done Joe. I am sure that someone receiving these as gifts will be very grateful, indeed.:icon_thum

Wayne

Badabing

New User
Joe
Thanks Cathy! Thanks Wayne!

Actually, I prepped the pen blanks the day before. I like to let the epoxy/glue cure overnight. I drilled the stopper blanks beforehand too :embarrassed: So I guess it doesn't count as making them all in one day.:no:

That East India Rosewood really is beautiful. It got my attention sitting on the shelf at WoodCraft! It's not really expensive either and it turns very nicely. The pic doesn't do it justice either. There are some deep, rich purple highlights in the grain which really make it pretty in person!

Hopefully I can sell these before the show next weekend so I have some extra to spend!!! :eusa_danc

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice lookin' spinny stuff, Joe:notworthy:.
Where'd ya get the bottle stopper kits? I like those:yes:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Awesome work, I'm most partial to the Sierra in BB and the Rosewood stopper. But they all look fantastic.
Great job all around :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

Badabing

New User
Joe
Thanks a lot guys!

The bottle stopper kits are from Arizona Silhouette. They are stainless steel and cost a little more than chrome, etc. Supposedly, SS is better because it won't corrode or stain like other materials. I use that fact as a marketing strategy :widea: However, I haven't sold any yet so I'll have to let you know how that works out...:rotflm:...:wconfused:...:wsad:...:cry_smile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS