Pecky cypress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dnorris1369

Dustin
User
Anyone know where I can find a couple pecky cypress boards to make a smal table??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Mark Patterson in Sanford has a good selection...I almost bought some on impulse they were so interesting.

Dnorris1369

Dustin
User
I wanna make one of those glow in the dark resin tables for the patio. Do you know how to reach him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
I'd be interested in seeing an example of the glow in the dark table. :gar-Bi

Edit: well seems locating an example was easier than I thought. This looks way cool!!

B

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Should be interesting, some of the boards I saw were way more pecky than the photo and wide enough to not need any glue up...should be a fun project.

keep us posted on the results.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
I have a little bit of pecky sinker cypress, recovered from the Nottoway river where they have rested for the past 130+ years. i'll try and send you some pics this afternoon.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
Here are a couple pics of some pecky cypress IMG_0030.JPGIMG_0031.JPG. IMG_0032.JPG
Nice tight grain from sinker logs. Sorry it took me a while to get it online. Not sure why they are rotated sideways

Chris

SubGuy

New User
Zach
I have been looking into resin in tabletops in awhile. I have many ideas which I intend to accomplish soon. But for now I have other things on the bench and things on the bench are more important than things in the head.

Dnorris1369

Dustin
User
Yea I know where gates is used to do work for the phone company in gates county I'll have to try and plan a trip. It's about 2 1/2 hours drive from my house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
in process of doing a second resin table zach....we used flat seashells and resined over top of them. Came out pretty good

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Dirk, LOML and I have talked about doing something with the tons of seashells we have. How about sharing some pics of yours if you have any handy.

B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS