Pattern making software

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickC

New User
Rick
Just curious - in Scroll Saw Woodworking and Crafts, I saw an add for Coyote Stencil Shop software from Carving Technologies, that purported to be able to make scroll saw patterns from photos. Cost $79.

Has anyone used this or know anything about it?

sawduster

New User
Robert
:thumbs_do:thumbs_do :thumbs_do :nah: I've known few, if any, who were really satisfied with the software. It is pretty primitive for what it costs . A lot has to do with your expectations .
i use PSP 7 which is dirt cheap and does all I need it to do . Yeah there was a learning curve but it is exciting and challenging to work with
If you don't mind learning as you go i would be more than happy to help you along with PSP
there are many other programs as well and you will find some who think Coyote is " all that and a bag of chips "
.....i'm not one of them :nah:

Karl Taylor

New User
Karl
Sawduster is correct. I do not know anyone that is completely happy with the program. Keep in mind though, the program was not written to be a scroll saw pattern making software. Hopefully the designer will upgrade the system soon. I use Corel Draw for designing my patterns. Older versions of CD can be found on Ebay for 5-10 dollars that will work fine. Inkscape and Gimp are two opensource programs that are very powerful. Try one of these before purchasing any program, after free is good.

Karl

NCGrimbo

NCGrimbo
Corporate Member
Sawduster is correct. I do not know anyone that is completely happy with the program. Keep in mind though, the program was not written to be a scroll saw pattern making software. Hopefully the designer will upgrade the system soon. I use Corel Draw for designing my patterns. Older versions of CD can be found on Ebay for 5-10 dollars that will work fine. Inkscape and Gimp are two opensource programs that are very powerful. Try one of these before purchasing any program, after free is good.

Karl

I second trying Inkscape. It does a good job of making line art out of images.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS