Pallet Kitchen Trash Bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clifton

New User
Cliff
This is one of my first projects and while not fancy it is what my wife wanted, nice and country looking. She liked it so much i made a second one to sell on craigslist. it is 24" high and 13" deep and 15" wide on its inside dimensions which means it will take standard kitchen trash bags. Made from pallets i found on the side of the road and drug home, plus a bit of pine for the base and rim. i made it all from scratch, no plans, just took the rough measurement of the plastic bin we had in the kitchen. I used spring loaded hinges so the lid stay however far up or back you raise it without falling, and offset them with a piece of pallet on the rear so they never contact the can until its closed, this prevent the hinges getting in the way of the bag during removal and install.

2016_07_06_1006.JPG

2016_07_06_1002.JPG

2016_07_06_1003.JPG

2016_07_06_0999.JPG

2016_07_06_1004.JPG

2016_07_06_1005.JPG

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nice job!
I REALLY like the hinge design.

Clifton

New User
Cliff
Nice job!
I REALLY like the hinge design.

Thanks! I originally was going to make a telescoping lid, but after watching my wife use our trash can, the one thing she hated was being at the sink and needing to throw potato skins or whatever away, and the lid not staying up on the plastic bin we had. So i figured a telescoping top would not be any better and this is the design i came up with to solve the issue. Now she just raises it up and back and it stay till she's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS