Painters Pyramids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Lahey

New User
Mr. Lahey
Noticed these at Lowes the other day. I have not had a chance to try them but they look like they could be a real time saver.They are supposed to allow you to flip things over and paint the other side without waiting for it to dry. I have a project I have to stain I'm going to try them on.

518IcoO5sLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yea, I bet they work well. I do the same thing with pieces of scrap wood with a finish nail sticking out of them.

Dave:)

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
I was curious about them and picked up a set at WoodCraft when they first came out. I think they work well and they stack nicely for easy storage/transport. Not to mention the kids like to play with them when I'm not using them for the intended purpose!! :gar-Bi:gar-Bi

They sell a turntable now for them to snap into but I think you could make a turntable from scrap fairly easily for less. I made a turntable for trimming Bonsai trees on back in the days before I killed all the ones I had.:rotflm::rotflm:

Brian.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I haven't tired the pyramids, but use the same "technology". I push thumb tacks through one or more pieces of cardboard and lay these out points up. The points of the tacks are so fine that they leave almost no mark. Using the cardboard, keeps them from scooting all over the place when I put the work piece on them, or lift it back up

... and this is the price performer solution...

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I have used the pyramids on numerous occasions.

The only downside I find with them is they do not slide to well without toppling over. :BangHead:

So. I make sure that the final resting place for the piece to dry, just stays there and I don't try to slide things around too much ....or they may topple and make a mess.

The old fashioned finishing nail through a block of wood worked ok for me for a time, but I never seemed to get the nails at consistent heights.:embaresse

Luckbox72

New User
Eric
I have used these for about 6 months now and have been very pleaased. The only issue I have found is when finishing the opposite side of a small light piece you have to hold the peice down with just a slight bit of downward pressure to keep it from sliding around. But outside of that they have been worth the cost.

Glennbear

Glenn
I haven't tired the pyramids, but use the same "technology". I push thumb tacks through one or more pieces of cardboard and lay these out points up. The points of the tacks are so fine that they leave almost no mark. Using the cardboard, keeps them from scooting all over the place when I put the work piece on them, or lift it back up

... and this is the price performer solution...

:widea: Being of a frugal nature, I may just try carpet tacks in foam craft boards. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS