Orange gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Well, I managed to fit a 12" Ridgid MS, stand, compressor, and nail guns in our 2 door (NEVER AGAIN :no:) Honda Civic, along with my suitcase and other tool boxes. Needless to say, it was a tight ride home from Charlotte. :swoon: But alas, I'm back and got some new toyls! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc Here's the proof. :icon_thum

remodels_033.jpg

As for the previous MS table, I turned it over, took it apart, and cut the legs shorter with the circular saw to make it an out feed table for the TS/work bench. I'll probably put some casters on it shortly. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up I figured I'd leave the MS on its stand so I can quickly load it up to do carpentry work.

Old MS table
shop_0033.jpg

Converted to a TS outfeed table/workbench
remodels_034.jpg

I also got those boxes of books out of the shop, so now all I have in there are tools and equipment. Well, and the grill, but it can stay. :gar-Bi

Thanks for lookin :icon_thum

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Congrats! If you need some hauling while I'm up (hopefully picnic) I got a good toy hauler (F250 Longbed). So let me know if you ever need the help while I'm around.

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
Nice gloat. Just a word of caution tho...before folding the MS stand you have to slide the MS to the wheeled end....and make TRIPLE sure that you re-lock the clamps holding the MS to the stand...DAMHIKT !!!! Close call.

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
That's a heck of a haul in a go-cart :rotflm: and a nice cluster of gloatage.

I like the compressor set up. Is it quiet? my PC pancake compressor is LOUD!! Scares the bejeepers out of everyone when it fires up. Wonder if it would fit conveniently in my van.

richlife

New User
Rich
Hey, Trent. You can gloat all you want, but personally I don't believe it -- not about the tools, about the Civic! Oh, I just got it -- you rode on top with your arms stretched to steer. Must have been a tiresome drive! :kermit: Congrats on your ingenuity and the new toys. Rich

Glennbear

Glenn
Congratulations on your new toys. :eusa_clap I thought my daughter and SIL were the queen and king of creative Honda packing when I sent them back to CT with a Skil tablesaw and stand (similar to yours), and a dehumidifier. Reading your post I see they have been dethroned. :rotflm:In all fairness, I should point out that on a few occasions they have crammed a week's worth of luggage, two complete scuba set-ups, a telescope, and a metal detector in her car for a vacation in Key West. I recently freed up some shop floor space by hanging my plastic sawhorses on the shop wall, you might consider doing the same.:wsmile:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Congratulations on your new toys. :eusa_clap I thought my daughter and SIL were the queen and king of creative Honda packing when I sent them back to CT with a Skil tablesaw and stand (similar to yours), and a dehumidifier. Reading your post I see they have been dethroned. :rotflm:In all fairness, I should point out that on a few occasions they have crammed a week's worth of luggage, two complete scuba set-ups, a telescope, and a metal detector in her car for a vacation in Key West. I recently freed up some shop floor space by hanging my plastic sawhorses on the shop wall, you might consider doing the same.:wsmile:

Thanks Glenn. I've been driving a Honda Civic for over 10 years now and was also a former bell captain at a resort. So if there were a college course on how to pack a lot of stuff into a small car, I think I'd be qualified to teach it. :rotflm:

As far as saving room in the shop, I think I need to hang a lot of things on the wall. :swoon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS