One step closer to hvac in the shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

After posting for help needed. Phil S volunteered to give my brother and I a hand for a few hours. I am very excited and got done what I had hoped to. We got the main unit mounted and the flex air duct run over to a temporary plemum. Once it is hooked up I will only use it while I am in the shop until I have the building sealed up and insulated.
We where very busy and did not snap any pics while Phil was there, but here
are a few of the end result. Phil, thanks so much for your help today. You where a BIG help. Man I love this site :gar-Bi !

It has been brought to my attentiom that I forgot to also thank my wonderfull brother Steve, who got out of bed much earlier then normal to come help me out! Thanks Steve, I love you like a brother!

hvac%20001.jpg

hvac%20004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Glennbear

Glenn
Temporary plenum ? What is the master plan for permanent air distribution ? Congratulations on your progress so far. :wsmile:

T

toolferone

Temporary plenum ? What is the master plan for permanent air distribution ?

Once the ceiling is all buttoned up I will run a 16" spiral pipe right down the center peak and pull a few 8" drops on each side about half way down the ceiling. I will box around the unit with removable panels to make it look nicer.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Today was a good day for this kind of labor, reasonably cool finally. But it's going to get hot again soon.....

T

toolferone

How well does it work?

Oh how I wish it was working, but not yet. I still have much to do.

1. hook up the electric to the inside & outside units
2. plumb the drain line down in to my sink
3. build a air return box with 2 large filters (to help with all the sawdust)
4. wire up & program the thermostat
5. run & hook up the copper lines between the 2 units
6. vacuum out the air & charge the system with freon

On several of these, I will need someone who knows ac and has the right tools.

Then keep my fingers crossed and switch it on :eusa_pray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS