One of those moments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre2

New User
Sabre2
The old saying measure twice cut once well................

I double checked my measurements for the book match panels for the end tables I'm making. Then I set the fence on my table saw 1" shorter, DUH!!!!!!!!:crybaby2: What was I thinking!

So plane down another piece, resaw and glue up. Figured it was a good time to stop for the day.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Brain fart, BTDT and have the T-shirt. Should I tell you about the time I made some cabinet doors exactly too large by twice the width of the stiles or the panel that fit the opening exactly without a tongue to hold it in place or..............

That is usually a good time to at least take a break, or if the fart was sever enough, the rest of the day off.

Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I feel your pain. My only screwup today was to cut the miters "backwards" on some molding. :eusa_doh: I had intentionally dimensioned and profiled an extra piece for setup. It was just long enough to work. Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you. :lol: :lol:

Chuck

Toddler

New User
Todd
I think I'll win the loser award today :(

Had the sides fit for a jewelery box, sanded to 220. Really beautiful bubinga. Top cut and sanded, maple.

Then I went to router the slot for the maple top, and my little router table moved and cut out. Totally destroyed the piece I was working on :( Tried to fix it, but it required I recut the slot in the other 3 sides, and one of them splintered. So I wasted a day and a really nice piece of bubinga.

Frustrating. I've started to more seriously consider buying a real table saw. Not for the power, but for the better fence! My $100 skill saw is inaccurate and actually kind of dangerous. Router table is on it's way out too I guess, but I'll try to build one of those.

Ah well, live and learn . . . .
Hope you guys have better luck!

Todd

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I think I'll win the loser award today :(

Had the sides fit for a jewelery box, sanded to 220. Really beautiful bubinga. Top cut and sanded, maple.

Then I went to router the slot for the maple top, and my little router table moved and cut out. Totally destroyed the piece I was working on :( Tried to fix it, but it required I recut the slot in the other 3 sides, and one of them splintered.

Todd

:eusa_thin Hmmm, I feel like I have been there and done that also :oops: :oops: A router will mess up a project faster than anything in my book :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors