One Just for Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
This is a pen I've been wanting to make for a long time for myself. I've always wanted a bullet cartridge pen but when I saw this one I knew this was the one I wanted to make. :icon_thum

This is a 50 cal browning machine gun bullet.

IMG_2934_800x600_.JPG

IMG_2935_800x600_.JPG

IMG_2936_800x600_.JPG

IMG_2937_800x600_.JPG

I got the bullet and casing from a guy on penturners.org. The parts were very tarnished and dull but I happen to know someone who is good at polishing metal :wink_smil

This pen uses part from a cigar pen. You have to turn a wooden barrel and glue it into the casing to grab the transmission. I messed up the first try and used too much glue and the whole pen was glued into the casing. :BangHead: Lucky for me my dad was able to get it apart and drill out the glued in parts. On this one I learned, when the instructions say use 4 ccs of epoxy, USE 4 CCs OF EPOXY :eusa_doh:

IMG_2939_800x600_.JPG

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Alex, now that's a pen that means business! :eek: Great job once again. :eusa_clap

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
Alex, now that's a pen that means business! :eek: Great job once again. :eusa_clap

Thanks. My dad said "the pen is mightier than the sword". I didn't get it. :dontknow: He said to go look it up. :5sigh:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Thanks. My dad said "the pen is mightier than the sword". I didn't get it. :dontknow: He said to go look it up. :5sigh:

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm: So not only are you a great pen turner, you're also a comedian. What a class act. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

HLW

Harold
User
Great job on the pen,looks great ! How can you tell if it's out of ink? Does it misfire???:rotflm:

DavidF

New User
David
Nice job Alex, a much better use for one of those than the original purpose - your Dad is right about the pen and the sword...

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Alex:

You work as always is A-one! One suggestion, do NOT bring that pen to school. My best-friend's son was expelled for bringing a bullet to school. While that is no longer a bullet, do not expect school offiicals to be reasonable on this issue. Terrific work.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
That is awesome Alex. Is it heavy? Where did you get the kits? Great job young man!!! :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Beautiful job, Alex. I really like that pen! :eusa_clap

How much would you charge for 3 of them??? I have 2 brothers who would love them as well....

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
Beautiful job, Alex. I really like that pen! :eusa_clap

How much would you charge for 3 of them??? I have 2 brothers who would love them as well....

Randy, I didn't plan on making these for sale because the parts are more expensive, BUT I could do the plain metal 50 cal (polished like my pen) for $55 ea or I can get the parts clear powder coated and do it for $75 ea. ??? alex

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
That is awesome Alex. Is it heavy? Where did you get the kits? Great job young man!!! :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

I got the bullet and the casing from a guy on IAP but they are not a kit. The bullet has to be drilled to take a parker or cross refill and the casing has to be filled to hold the rest of the pen parts. I would guess the complete pen weighs about 5-6 ounces. alex

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
A couple questions, Alex?

Has the primer been popped or deactivated? Was this a take apart or just the unassembled components?

I'll sure keep this in mind, I have a couple friends who defended our Country with many of those and they never thought their effort was wasted. I bet they would appreciate such a gift in the form of a pen.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
:icon_thum Another good pen, Alex.

Not to rain on your parade, but could you do a pen with a hand grenade body? :rotflm:

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
:icon_thum Another good pen, Alex.

Not to rain on your parade, but could you do a pen with a hand grenade body? :rotflm:

I'll get right on it as soon as I'm finished with my 105 mm howitzer pen!:gar-Bi alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS