Old Power Tools for sale in Clayton

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
Hello all,

I've placed three for sale ads in the classifieds. Struggle struggle. They're titled Old Power Tools for Sale in Clayton 1, 2 and 3. The father of a friend of mine passed away about 11 years ago. The family is now fairly comfortable in trying to sell some big tools in order to get more room in the shop to take inventory of other tools. I took some pics of a PM66 table saw with a serial number that indicates is was built in 1989. It appears to be in good shape. This man was a hobbyist, but built some furniture. It's not from a production shop environment. The white powder you see on it in the pic is baby powder. It's dirty, some rust, etc. It's got an old Biesmeyer fence on it. It ran well, motor quiet, no wobble in blade etc. But I wasn't able to get inside, etc.

There's a Shopline by Jet 6" jointer. Blades are dusty, table a little rusty. Turned it on and it sounded okay.
There's a CP 15" planer. This is a monster. 3 horse motor. Runs, sounded good.
Atlas lathe. We couldn't even move this to try to find a model number. But I think it was what Atlas called a utility model lathe. It's pretty dirty and hard to tell if it's dirt or rust.
He's also got an IMS dust collector. Looks like the old Central Machinery 1 or 1 1/2 horse units. Cloth bags. It turned on when the planer turned on. Maybe the motor would be worth something.

He asked me to post these to begin some discussion with anyone interested. He called out some prices, and yep, I know how everyone will feel about them. Under the circumstances of the visit, I just didn't feel comfortable about having a talk with him and his mother about how old tools are priced. But if you're really interested in anything, let me know and I'll get you in contact with him. He put $800 on the PM66, $400 on the planer, and $350 each on the Atlas lathe and Jet jointer. I forgot to get a price on the dust collector.

Nice folks, just trying to help them out and I told them I'd post some pics here for them.

PM me or let me know in this thread.

Thanks,

Tom Swortzel

IMG_1479.jpg

Last edited:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
The planer is a generic version of the Delta DC-380, made in Taiwan. They were sold by many vendors, including Jet, Northstate, Woodtek. Parts are available through Grizzly, with some effort.

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
Thanks Bruce. That's right. I think the CP actually stood for Cheap Price tools. They were also imported as Transpower tools.

Tom

Jim Wallace

jimwallacewoodturning.com
Jim
Corporate Member
I can tell you that it's a wood lathe. I have the same lathe in my shop which I bought from a fellow NCWW member. The spindle has a non-standard thread: it's 1: x 10 tpi instead of 1x8. You can get an adapter, but it's not real cheap and it extends you further from the head stock bearings which can translate into more vibration in some instances. 12" swing. If Greg doesn't get this lathe I might be interested in it, but not at the price that they are asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS