old AMF era Dewalt 1030 RAS on cl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trog777

New User
Trog

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/tls/1458406957.html

Dewalt Radial Arm Saw 12" OLD - $115 (Burlington)

Date: 2009-11-09, 3:09PM EST
Reply to: sale-qs8na-1458406957@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Dewalt Radial Arm Saw, 12" capacity, has 10" metal cutting blade currently installed. Circa 1958 Price $115.00
220/110 vac, currently set up for 110v
These were really high quality saws.

Click on pictures for more detail.

Daytime Phone 336-227-4673
email: hrtcraigslist@gmx.com

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1458406957

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Heath, you are a lucky lucky man. Keep us updated! Thats a fantastic deal you scored.

Jim

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Thanks guys,

I'm pretty excited about it myself. The seller was gracious enough to hold it for me until Wednesday morning when I can get up to Burlington.

I'm currently finishing up the dual rebuild of a '56 Walker-Turner 6" jointer and a '54 Walker-Turner 14" bandsaw, (don't ever try to restore 2 machines at once...), and after that I hope to take a little hiatus from the machinery rebuilding and get to a few furniture projects I have been wanting to tackle.

The "new" RAS will be replacing my Dewalt MBF (9" -3/4HP) RAS of the same vintage, (Coming soon to a classified section near you), and in talking w/ the seller is plug and play as is, but I'm sure it will get the re-build treatment soon enough....

Thanks again, I'll post some pictures when I get it situated.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Well, that was short lived....

This is a great saw, but I NEED the space more than I WANT the convenience of a dedicated crosscut/ dado station. (My wife has called me out on the annual "It's winter, I'm parking in the garage" clause at our house...I was hoping we would skip that this year)

Anyway, I want to offer it up to NCWW'ers first, before I put it on craigs, so if you're interested, please see the "I need the elbow room sale" post in the classified section. Only asking what I paid, (or a useful trade).

Thanks folks.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Looks like a nice saw Heath. What's that cyclindrical gizmo in the fourth picture from the left in the fist post of this thread ?

I'd be interested, but I'm currently refurbing a 14" Dewalt. Waiting on a motor from Texas. Yeehaa.

-Mark

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Thanks Mark,

The 14'er should be sweet - post up some pics when you're done. I had originally had my eye out for a 14, but couldn't find any of the AMF era that weren't 3 phase. Is yours single phase, or are you going the VFD route?

That cylindrical gizmo is/ was a fabbed up coolant reservoir w/ a spout down to blade level. The original owner had it set up in a shop that manufactured fishing lures, cutting light gage aluminum. I pulled it, along w/ the metal cutting blade that it came home w/ it, and installed a typical wood blade for a few test cuts before I decided I had to pass it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS