http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/5312891993.html

[h=2]Amazing Woodworking Workbench - $2500 (Mebane)[/h]
00r0r_bQuKjcAtFqG_600x450.jpg

00t0t_4yDC4BK5JUK_600x450.jpg

00y0y_6thSlsHzDcl_600x450.jpg

00G0G_5PpKJ5Uh9VG_600x450.jpg

00H0H_9MQDpkNofbx_600x450.jpg

00M0M_iRqvfUeRgs0_600x450.jpg

For sale is an amazing workbench built by a woodworker with over 30 years of woodworking experience. Was featured in a printed 2011 woodworking calendar (the first photo was used in the calendar). Has an all original Emmert Pattern Makers Vise and a dovetailed tail vise. The workbench features a top and frame made from Hard Rock Maple and Purple Heart. The lower cabinet features 10 drawers and raised panels made from Ambrosia Maple. The stretchers are mortised and through pegged to the legs.
Here are the dimensions- the top measures 84" x 30-1/2" deep (plus the additional length of the vises) x 34" high. The Emmert vise measures 7" x 18" and opens to 14". the tail vise opens 7-3/4"
The drawers feature full extension glides and the legs have adjustable leg levelers for an uneven floor.

This is a rare opportunity to purchase a workbench of this caliber. Serious inquiries only.... $2,500 Cash. show contact info

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
That was handcrafted by one of our members, Chris, aka Carolina. You should see it in person, photos don't do it justice.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Actually I think I saw that at the State Fair with a blue ribbon on it a few years back.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
That is indeed a beautiful bench, but I'd like to see a picture of the bench the bench was made on. It would be more my style..... I'm sure the builder was able to showcase their woodworking talents very well on that one, but I would be afraid to get near it with a saw or chisel for fear of nicking it, kinda like driving a brand new car before it gets its first ding. I just can't have nice things......

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
On Raleigh CraigsList:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/5312891993.html

[h=2]Amazing Woodworking Workbench - $2500 (Mebane)[/h]
00r0r_bQuKjcAtFqG_600x450.jpg

00t0t_4yDC4BK5JUK_600x450.jpg

00y0y_6thSlsHzDcl_600x450.jpg

00G0G_5PpKJ5Uh9VG_600x450.jpg

00H0H_9MQDpkNofbx_600x450.jpg

00M0M_iRqvfUeRgs0_600x450.jpg

For sale is an amazing workbench built by a woodworker with over 30 years of woodworking experience. Was featured in a printed 2011 woodworking calendar (the first photo was used in the calendar). Has an all original Emmert Pattern Makers Vise and a dovetailed tail vise. The workbench features a top and frame made from Hard Rock Maple and Purple Heart. The lower cabinet features 10 drawers and raised panels made from Ambrosia Maple. The stretchers are mortised and through pegged to the legs.
Here are the dimensions- the top measures 84" x 30-1/2" deep (plus the additional length of the vises) x 34" high. The Emmert vise measures 7" x 18" and opens to 14". the tail vise opens 7-3/4"
The drawers feature full extension glides and the legs have adjustable leg levelers for an uneven floor.

This is a rare opportunity to purchase a workbench of this caliber. Serious inquiries only.... $2,500 Cash. show contact info
Beautiful Work Bench but I think it's a little to good for a work bench really. I mean what would you do with it but look at it out of fear of damaging it during the course of normal wood working.

cptully

New User
Chris
That bench may be beautiful but it lacks the marks of a true work bench - nicks and scratches from regular use. I would have no fear of using such a bench because the use would only add to it's story. This does motivate me to get moving on my bench - I have 3 3" x 10" x 10' slabs of oak and 3 3" x 5" x 10' pieces to boot. I am planning to make a bench top out of 2 3" x 10" and 1 3" x 5" piece, and the under structure out of the remaining 3" x 5" pieces. The last 3" x 10" piece will likely become a mantel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors