Off Topic Forum Proposed Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
This is what I propose to post to the mods and admins. To get the egg off of our faces.

(Off Topic Forum) This will be the title of the thread

Most of you will remember a week or so ago I posted a fairly stern statement about closing the off topic forum. After several posts were made I realized that it was in fact very harshly put. Sorry about that.:embaresse I then softened up the post to hopefully relay what the BOD had discussed in a teleconference on that night. Due to a lot of discussion in the thread we the BOD have taken your valuable suggestions into consideration and have decided unanimously to leave the off topic forum open for the current time. The off topic forum as you all know is the forum that generates the worst and most frequent policy violations. While we would like to leave the off topic forum open; The repeated violations will not be tolerated and if they continue it is in danger of being closed at least temporarily. The good news is that it has been refreshingly calm for a week or so. We want it to stay that way. The BOD respects the input from the staff and this is why we decided against closing the forum at this time. Please continue the great job all of you do in watching out for policy violations and we hopefully will not be forced as a staff to close the forum.

Sincerely,

Last edited:
M

McRabbet

It is well written and very appropriate, Tracy. My only suggestion would be to re-title it "Off Topic Forum" since they will read the reference to your old post in the first sentence. Good job.

TracyP

Tracy
It is well written and very appropriate, Tracy. My only suggestion would be to re-title it "Off Topic Forum" since they will read the reference to your old post in the first sentence. Good job.

Good suggestion, does that look better?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great job on the revovery :icon_thum

One question. Are we still going to post a warning? I believe the plan was to restate to the general users population the intent of the forum and state that it would be closed, like it was in the past, if the fourm continued to be abused.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I like it. As for posting a warning, I would hold off for now. The warnings/reminders seem to be coming a little too frequently lately. They also seems to nring out some of the crazies. JMTCW.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
(Off Topic Forum)

A week or so ago I posted a fairly stern statement about closing the off topic forum. After several responses were made to my post, I realized that it was in fact very harshly put. Sorry about that.:embaresse I then softened up the post to hopefully convey what the BOD had discussed in a teleconference on that night.

Based upon the thoughts shared by many of you in that thread, the BOD has taken your suggestions into consideration and have decided unanimously to leave the off topic forum open for the current time.

As we all know, the Off Topic is the forum that generates the worst and most frequent policy violations. While we would like to leave the off topic forum open, the repeated violations will not be tolerated and if they continue it is in danger of being closed at least temporarily.

The good news is that it has been refreshingly calm for a week or so, and we hope that it stays that way.

The BOD greatly appreciates and values the input from the staff, which is why we decided against closing the forum at this time. Please continue the great job all of you do in watching out for policy violations and keeping NCWW a great site.

Sincerely,

Tracy, I made some grammatical changes to your proposed language. All in all very well written.

TracyP

Tracy
I am going to go ahead and post it with Scott and Rob's proposed edits. As for the warning, I am in agreement that as long as it remains calm we should hold off posting a warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS