Obvious Quality Issues with Harbor Freight / Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
One can assume that most of what Harbor Freight imports is going to have a great price and be absolute junk. So has been my experience with 75% of what I've purchased there ... typical import junk. But today the assumed met with the obvious when I made a small purchase of a punch set and began to read the Limited Lifetime Warranty. Below is an excerpt from the warranty typed exactly as it reads from them ...

--------------------------------------

Pittsburgh Limited Lifetime Warranty

Harbor Freight Tools Co. makesevery effort to assure that it's pittsburg products meet high quality and durability standards, and warrants to the original purchascr that this product is free from defects in materials and worrmanship for the life of the product, This warranty does not apply to damage due directly or indirectly, to misuse, abuse, negligence or accident, repairs or alterations outside our facilities or to lack of maintenance We shall in no event .... etc

--------------------------------------

And so the paper continues to read. Gross errors in type and possibly one of the longest sentences on record!

Anyway ... I got a kick out of this and wanted to share it with all of you for a good laugh ... :lol:

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
To keep the product cost down they must have fired the technical writer's editor :eusa_doh:
That's classic, thanks for the chuckle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
jeremy said:
And so the paper continues to read. ... and possibly one of the longest sentences on record!

read Kerouac. Long sentences are no longer an issue after that. Where is Darmabum? he could verify.

Grgramps

New User
Roy Hatch
I see that as beautiful composition when you consider it was probably written by someone whose first language was not English. Compare that with much of what comes from outside the US.
Roy

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Grgramps said:
I see that as beautiful composition when you consider it was probably written by someone whose first language was not English. Compare that with much of what comes from outside the US.
Roy

Roy, those are my thoughts exactly. For further laughature, one should visit www.engrish.com.

Anna-Catherine

gator

George
Corporate Member
You have evidently not read papers written by local high school students for English class. A close second behind that are papers written by college students. I don't want to get started ranting about one of my pet peeves so I'll stop now.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors