Nova DVR XP Lathe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunslinger

New User
Mike
I don’t have the XP but I do have the 1624 and am very pleased with it. The XP does have 1.75 hp at 120v (the 1624 has 1.5 hp). I would really liked to have the variable speed of the XP but my $$$$’s when I purchased said I had to change speed by the belt. I don’t think the XP comes with a stand but it may?

I have never had a problem with my NOVA and have no regrets. Budget for at least $500 in tools/accessories (when you get into bowls especially). :gar-La;

Mike

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
I bought the NOVA DVR XP in July from Craft Supplies USA. They were having a nice sale. I upgraded from a Delta Midi. I am totally pleased with it. The varible speed is a joy to use. I converted it to 220volt. If you get one don't rely on the instructions on Teknatool's website to convert it to 220 volt unless they have updated it for the new version of the DVR XP. It is super quite. I bought the outrigger unit but have only used it once. I will probably use it more when I begin turning larger bowls. Just rotating the head gives me all I need at this time.

Everyone I checked with that has this lathe was very pleased with it. No negatives from anyone I checked with. I read some comments from turners that have never used it, that they thought the speed change by pushing a button was to slow for them. You can preset 4 of the five speeds and then adjust any by holding down the speed button. Plenty fast for me. I don't think I will ever notice the few seconds in my bowl output count.:gar-La;

My recommendation is "go for it". Woodcraft has a nice sale on at the moment.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I too am a happy owner. I have never even heard of anyone who had a complaint once they owned it. Though I did know someone who wanted upgrade to a big Oneway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS