No comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
When I go to the gallery and click on an image, scroll down and click "comments" , it does not show any comments .

Jerry

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Please elaborate more.

When I go to my own Album/Gallery and scroll to the very bottom of the screen there is a textbox for me to enter comments IF the owner enabled comments for the photo. Just above the textbox, any posted comments will display.

If the owner of the photo disabled comments for the image, then, of course, you will not be able to post comments to the photo.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what you are clicking on when you say you are clicking on "comments". If you could elaborate a bit more on this I would be most appreciative.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
I was browsing the Gallery-------went down to 2008 calendar contest winners, clicked on the image of the windsor sackback settee, that took me to a page with images of all the monthly winners---------under the image of the settee was a box, inside the box at the bottom was the word comments along with a number ( 47 I think in this case). I clicked on the word "comments", that took me to a larger image of the settee and under the image to the right were numbers 1 2 3 4 which I assumed were the number of pages of comments---click on a number and you have a blank page-----no comments.

Hope this helps-------------Jerry

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Thank you very much for the followup, that helped me duplicate your issue.

What I can report to you at this time is that there exist no COMMENTS for that photo. Rather there were 47 RATINGS for the photo and for some reason the application is including Rating-only 'comments' as if they were ordinary text comments. To me, this is an error, though I will await feedback on the matter from other admins/programmers for this site (I'm still a new admin).

Basically, 47 users rated the photo in question on a scale of 1 to 10, but no actual text comments were actually left. Had there been any text comments they would have shown under the empty brown bar that shows just above the "Add your comments" entry area.

We will have to correct this sometime, though, as ratings should not be counted as COMMENTS (IMHO) as it is confusing. It should just be a matter of adding "AND NOT comment=''" to the SQL Query I believe. I'm hoping this change can be made without any programming changes.

The other possible issue, I notice that this version of PhotoPost has a separate pp_ratings table and I am wondering if we need to move all the 'Ratings' into this table (from their current table under pp_comments) so that pp_comments table only contains actual comments???

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Actually if I remeber correctly, for the purposes of voting, no comments were allowed on ratings/votes. I suspect that with the transition, the options that were allowed before may have some new terminology. Ethan, what you are seeing is combination of admin settings and terminology changes.? Calendat entries have to be treated differently

cskipper

Cathy
FWIW I do have comments in my albums. I think the decision was made to not include comments in the contest (which is kind of a shame IMHO). I did find a few in the most current contest pictures. I am using Chrome for my browser.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS